YC booking question with bev package

diver0311

Hello,

First time MSC, but have sailed previously on other lines (silversea, celebrity, NCL, RCCL).  I am going solo and had a cruise fully paid in the YC on the meraviglia in April 2021 that just canceled. 

When I call in March 1 per the websites/ emailed cancelation instructions I intend to use the fcc to rebook; but my question is when I made the April booking I selected the easy package and WiFi as the bonus instead of the OBC, which I think would have been US $225. 

I want to get the premium package either by outright purchase or upgrade, but never saw upgrade packages available under the reso/booking. Is there a reduced upgrade price if you have the easy to go to the premium? And if so does that beat out taking the obc in terms of value?

I also anticipate a status match to black/diamond if that factors in.  I saw that some beverages may be included as part of the YC but don’t know how it works on MSC. 

or if I am not asking the right question let me know.  

looking forward to meeting some of you on a future voyage.  

Thanks for the assist,

diver0311

You get everything in the easy package as well as wi-fi when you are in the Yacht Club.  You may upgrade to the premium package once you are onboard.  We were very happy with the beverage selections in YC.  You are able to use your YC package all over the ship as well as on Ocean Cay. I'll  see if I can find the drink selections offered under the YC package on this Board. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nashna said:

You get everything in the easy package as well as wi-fi when you are in the Yacht Club.  You may upgrade to the premium package once you are onboard.  We were very happy with the beverage selections in YC.  You are able to use your YC package all over the ship as well as on Ocean Cay. I'll  see if I can find the drink selections offered under the YC package on this Board. 

Thank you for the info.  It seems like if I am offered obc I should take that and just upgrade on board if needed. 

1 hour ago, diver0311 said:

Hello,

First time MSC, but have sailed previously on other lines (silversea, celebrity, NCL, RCCL).  I am going solo and had a cruise fully paid in the YC on the meraviglia in April 2021 that just canceled. 

When I call in March 1 per the websites/ emailed cancelation instructions I intend to use the fcc to rebook; but my question is when I made the April booking I selected the easy package and WiFi as the bonus instead of the OBC, which I think would have been US $225. 

I want to get the premium package either by outright purchase or upgrade, but never saw upgrade packages available under the reso/booking. Is there a reduced upgrade price if you have the easy to go to the premium? And if so does that beat out taking the obc in terms of value?

I also anticipate a status match to black/diamond if that factors in.  I saw that some beverages may be included as part of the YC but don’t know how it works on MSC. 

or if I am not asking the right question let me know.  

looking forward to meeting some of you on a future voyage.  

Thanks for the assist,

diver0311 

Diver0311,

The YC comes with the equivlant of the Premium drink package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Diver0311

Agree drinks are included in YC for regular spirits wines etc however if you want top shelf drinks Johnnie Walker Blue or XO brandy or better wines  Premium Plus is what you want. You can upgrade from YC to Premium Plus for about $11 per day and you can do it onboard or pre cruise.

Wi fi is included but it is a basic wifi if you want to stream movies etc you will need to upgrade your pkge , but I would maybe do that with the YC concierge a day or 2 after boarding

With regard to Status Match the Black/Diamond may not be what you get, it seems to vary as a lot of people have come to MSC from other lines so it may just match to Gold.

Hope that helps

Liz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hello Diver0311

Agree drinks are included in YC for regular spirits wines etc however if you want top shelf drinks Johnnie Walker Blue or XO brandy or better wines  Premium Plus is what you want. You can upgrade from YC to Premium Plus for about $11 per day and you can do it onboard or pre cruise.

Wi fi is included but it is a basic wifi if you want to stream movies etc you will need to upgrade your pkge , but I would maybe do that with the YC concierge a day or 2 after boarding

With regard to Status Match the Black/Diamond may not be what you get, it seems to vary as a lot of people have come to MSC from other lines so it may just match to Gold.

Hope that helps

Liz

Yes it does, thank you.  I was following the other thread on matches and what I had submitted worked for another poster for that level, but understand it can be different.