Vaccine passports ruled out for UK according to Daily Mail. GP's to provide proof.

ace2542

2 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

We both had our first jab at 5.40 this evening. The card we were given has the name of the vaccine and the batch number and date vaccine given, but above all that information it say,s, Name,as this line  was left blank,we filled in our own names

Delighted to hear that you’ve both had your jabs. Onwards and upwards! We are in group 6, so hoping that they will start on groups 5 and 6 together once groups 1-4 are done and that we will get called up before too long. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Delighted to hear that you’ve both had your jabs. Onwards and upwards! We are in group 6, so hoping that they will start on groups 5 and 6 together once groups 1-4 are done and that we will get called up before too long. 

Thank you Selbourne, we had the Oxford one, told we would be contacted to book second jab, but this would be administered in 12 weeks time.then said that it would be a further 2/3 weeks after that, until we could be considered to be at less terminal risk.

So all in all, we would not be vaccinated fully, to enable us to cruise in May.

Do not think that there is any likely hood of a start up any time soon. I guessed July 1st on a post, last year, consider that this may move further back maybe to 1st September.

We will not cruise under the suggested restrictions, we most defiantly will not play the cruise game of Russian roulette, for embarkation. We will not no looking to cruise again because of covid, until fully priced cruises, offering free movement at all ports, and the MDR table sharing experience  which we enjoy, is possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Thank you Selbourne, we had the Oxford one, told we would be contacted to book second jab, but this would be administered in 12 weeks time.then said that it would be a further 2/3 weeks after that, until we could be considered to be at less terminal risk.

So all in all, we would not be vaccinated fully, to enable us to cruise in May.

Do not think that there is any likely hood of a start up any time soon. I guessed July 1st on a post, last year, consider that this may move further back maybe to 1st September.

We will not cruise under the suggested restrictions, we most defiantly will not play the cruise game of Russian roulette, for embarkation. We will not no looking to cruise again because of covid, until fully priced cruises, offering free movement at all ports, and the MDR table sharing experience  which we enjoy, is possible.

That’s pretty much where we are. I said right at the start of this that we didn’t intend to cruise again until we were vaccinated and then, once it became clear that when cruising would eventually recommence it would bear no resemblance the experience that we enjoy, I added ‘and until restrictions are lifted’. We are still of that view, so no change. We could live with not being able to share tables, but having to wear masks around the ship would be a definite no, as would not being able to go ashore independently. We just wouldn’t enjoy that experience at all and would rather do cottage holidays in the UK, where no masks have to be worn (other than for a minute or so walking in or out of a pub or restaurant) and we can go where we like, when we like. We shall most likely return to cruising in a couple of years time, possibly earlier if things return to normal before then (and by ‘normal’ I mean the pre covid style of cruising). 

As for the restart, I’m also thinking along similar lines to you. I don’t think there’s any real chance of cruises before July and even if they do start then I think they would be around UK or cruises to nowhere. The only place that a scenic cruise is possible is the Fjords, so that’s another option if the Norwegians allow it. As for normal overseas cruises, I hope very much that those still anticipating summer cruises won’t be disappointed, but I’d be surprised if they resume before around September. Could be sooner if the EU gets it act together on vaccinations, but my sense is that, even if they do, itineraries will be all over the place as some countries will see cruise ships with thousands of foreigners as being a risk too far until their populations are all protected. If the UK continues along the lines of no vaccine passports then I feel that this will hinder, not help, attempts to restart cruising. Sadly, I feel that cruising will be the last type of overseas holiday to return, for the same reasons that it was the first to be halted at the start of all this. When we were enjoying our chats on Aurora, less than 4 years ago, who would have thought that all this lay ahead? Best wishes to you both. 

• Like 4

We had to pay £80 each for a Yellow Fever jab and vaccine passport in order to cruise to South America in 2019. This vaccination and the Oxford/AZ vaccine I had a couple of weeks ago are shown on my on line medical records which I can easily access and print off if I needed to. Whether this would be consider "proof" that I received the Covid jabs is debatable.

One thing for sure though is if HMG or any other body come up with a vaccine passport then the criminal fraternity across the world will be churning out fake versions for sale to anyone who wants them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

If they can find enough crew. 

I agree. I should imagine the logistics of relocating crew from their home countries, getting health clearances, training/retraining is major hurdle for all cruise lines.

We have had 6-8  cruise ships off the coast in our area of South Devon for most of the winter and I understand they are each crewed by around 100 people, so even if those remain on board another 8,000or so will be needed for start up, and that's just the tip of the iceberg worldwide.

• Like 1