Orlando to Port Canaveral? best travel options. . .

thegoose444

Hey all,

Just booked a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas, and we fly into Orlando. Of course, we leave from Port Canaveral.

I've been looking into the different ways of getting from Orlando to the Port, and it seems confusing because there are so many options!

Any recommendations? Of course, we are looking for the safest/cheapest way to get there. Also, how long should we expect it to take?

I appreciate all the help and look forward to my first (and honeymoon) cruise!

(I don't know if this matters, but we'll be getting in on Sunday at between 10-11 am on May 21)

I found the cruise ship's transfer to be the most practical way for me. I flew in a day ahead and stayed at a hotel near the Orlando airport. The hotel's shuttle took me back to the airport the next day. There were cruise reps in the baggage claim area and they loaded us onto buses.

Some people rent cars one-way, and there are private shuttle services. I found one that would pick me up at my hotel, but then it went out of business a month before I was supposed to leave.

Check the Orlando airport's website under Ground Transportation.

Roz

It was so easy getting a rental car for less than a car service. From Orlando airport you can go with avis which is open on sunday with shuttle to the port, which takes 5 min.

You can do budget also.

We did avis to get to the port and budget to get us back to orlando after our mariner cruise on 1/22/06.

We stayed in Orlando for 4 nights prior so avis gave us a good rate. But budget gave us the cheapest one way to the airport after the cruise.. $40.29 and that was for a full size, which you will not need being 2 of you.

Just take the local number with you for pick up to remind them that you are there and waiting when you get off the ship.

Our flight was 12:30, and we got off ship at 9 and waited for 20 min to get the shuttle.

ENjoy the cruise... Mariner is a great ship, great personable captain, wonderful food!

• 7 years later...

DO NOT USE Travel Orlando. Refused to provide a refund, despite following their cancellation procedure (we were trying to cancel the return leg of a round-trip from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral).

Gave me the run around and lied to my credit card company. I'm out $75.

Charge a 20% gratuity without telling you.

They had 20 people wait on their bus at the Airport for 45 minutes while they attempted to fill the last 2 seats on the (run down) bus.

They also have an "F" rating from the BBB.

Archived