best expedition staff???? silver sea-wind ? Seabourn- venture? nat geo-resolution? tauck -le jacques cartier Ponant?

rosewood jo

i realize most of these ships are brand new or refurbed.  My real question is how the staff is  with each of theses companies?  would love to have people that have been on these  trips to write back and let me know how knowledgeable the expedition staff was.  Also,  did you take three trips out a day on zodiacs?    Staff always makes the difference!   

• 2 weeks later...

Silversea has been doing this for a very long time.  First (and continuing) with the SS Explorer and then with the Cloud and Wind.   Their expedition staff is extremely knowledgeable.

I would focus on smaller ships -- remember max 100 persons at a time in Antarctica.  With Silversea they would do a minimum of 2 trips out per day.  One in the morning and move to another location and then one in the afternoon.  We actually prefer the Explorer having done three trips onboard (arctic, antarctic and east Africa).   Our next cruise will be on Quark.

Edited by PaulMCO

• 8 months later...