Need Help Choosing Cabin on New Star Legend

LewiLewi

We are ready to book the new Star Legend for a Nov. 2021 cruise, however, we are really confused as to what cabin to book. We want a Balcony Cabin with beds that can separate into twins. Our TA spoke with Windstar and told us that cabin 533 is available. We looked at the new plan of the Star Breeze and saw that there is an x and a * next to this cabin. Does anyone know what these symbols mean? We could call our TA again, but she doesn't seem to be able to get the correct information. We really would like to try a newly added on cabin. We are now thinking that we may be better off going with the last balcony cabin we had on Deck 6; at least we know what we are getting.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:19 PM, LewiLewi said:

We are ready to book the new Star Legend for a Nov. 2021 cruise, however, we are really confused as to what cabin to book. We want a Balcony Cabin with beds that can separate into twins. Our TA spoke with Windstar and told us that cabin 533 is available. We looked at the new plan of the Star Breeze and saw that there is an x and a * next to this cabin. Does anyone know what these symbols mean? We could call our TA again, but she doesn't seem to be able to get the correct information. We really would like to try a newly added on cabin. We are now thinking that we may be better off going with the last balcony cabin we had on Deck 6; at least we know what we are getting.

LewiLewi, the overall deck plan for all three Star Class yachts are nearly identical.  I have a copy of the latest post-stretch deck plan, which I have attached here.  This is a rather public copy of the Star Class deck plan.  I am surprised your TA did not have one on file to give you.  It is easy to download by TAs from the Windstar trade site.

Related to what you are looking for in a cabin: Most of the newly added cabins have the beds near the window or balcony.  And because of the location of the bed, most of those cannot be separated into twins.  533 is one of very few, which can.  553, 628 and 629 are also designed to make into twin beds.  Hope this helps!

Star Class Deck Plan (2-5-21).pdf

9 hours ago, Del Rio said:

LewiLewi, the overall deck plan for all three Star Class yachts are nearly identical.  I have a copy of the latest post-stretch deck plan, which I have attached here.  This is a rather public copy of the Star Class deck plan.  I am surprised your TA did not have one on file to give you.  It is easy to download by TAs from the Windstar trade site.

Related to what you are looking for in a cabin: Most of the newly added cabins have the beds near the window or balcony.  And because of the location of the bed, most of those cannot be separated into twins.  533 is one of very few, which can.  553, 628 and 629 are also designed to make into twin beds.  Hope this helps!

Star Class Deck Plan (2-5-21).pdf 3.28 MB · 5 downloads

Thank you so much. Is 532 also a twin bedded cabin?

5 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you so much. Is 532 also a twin bedded cabin?

According to the latest deck plan (the one I attached yesterday) 532 seems to also be available, configured as twin beds.  I suggest having your TA verify this with Windstar on Monday.  Because there are so few of the new additional cabins setup that way, I would not wait too long to decide.

Edited by Del Rio

2 hours ago, Del Rio said:

According to the latest deck plan (the one I attached yesterday) 532 seems to also be available, configured as twin beds.  I suggest having your TA verify this with Windstar on Monday.  Because there are so few of the new additional cabins setup that way, I would not wait too long to decide.

Another little wrinkle in our planning this cruise. What are the odds that it will actually take place, and will we be required to quarantine in Lisbon and for how long before we are allowed to embark on this cruise? Everything seems to be so up in the air, we are afraid to commit at this time.

After an hour on the phone with our TA and Windstar, we were able to confirm a cabin that had twin beds and a shower. We will be in the area that we were in prior to the expansion, which is fine with us. Very few cabins in the new build area are able to be separated into twin beds. There is much confusion in the main office as to which cabins they are, but we were very impressed with the diligence that Windstar put into solving this problem for us. We are once again looking forward to sailing on the Legend.