Navigator disappears for a month?

Hi everyone, 

I was looking on the Royal Caribbean website today and noticed that there were no sail dates for Navigator OTS for the entire month of February 2022. However, there are dates for January through April, with the exception being February. I’ve looked on Google, and I can’t find any hint on what’s going on with Navigator that month. Would anyone here by any chance have a clue?  Sorry if this has been asked before! I’m just wondering, and would like to know! :) 

4 minutes ago, DingusOnTheSeas said:

Hi everyone, 

I was looking on the Royal Caribbean website today and noticed that there were no sail dates for Navigator OTS for the entire month of February 2022. However, there are dates for January through April, with the exception being February. I’ve looked on Google, and I can’t find any hint on what’s going on with Navigator that month. Would anyone here by any chance have a clue?  Sorry if this has been asked before! I’m just wondering, and would like to know! 🙂

She turned 20 in 2020 and now requires 2 drydocks in a 5 year period.  Her last drydock was in Feb 2019 so she is due for another drydock. 

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Wow, but for a whole month? I wonder if they are planning additional upgrades at that time.

Doubt it, not with $$$ situation and delays on other protects. More then few times the Dry Docks last 3-4weeks. Not sure if more Marine Side Maintenance needs with the 20yr old ship and where this ship will have it done. In past some Royal Ships are gone by 20ish, thats about average when ship moves on or need serious interior updates

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Didn't Navigator get a million dollar amplification in 2019?

It was around $100 million.

Pretty sure that this drydock will be for mechanicals only.  While they have a month blocked off that may only mean that they are not 100% sure of the exact dates and more itineraries could appear.

I'm not sure if Freeport is back up and running or fully booked...maybe she has to travel to Europe for a drydock.

• Like 1