Using a Travel Agent

tfred

I don’t always use a travel agent for mainstream cruise lines to the Caribbean.  I like to have control of the booking and watch for price drops on my own. ( These were getting more rare.) You’re often only offered $50 to $150 from a TA.

Premium lines are different as is river cruising. There’s more money involved. Here you’re not likely to get a price drop.  The last expensive cruise, pre Covid, I booked with the line, booked airfare thru the line and then shopped for TA.  I got an estimate of $0 to $500 from 3 TA’s.  Of course it was well worth it to then turn over my booking.  She still made money and I was happy too.  ( I had used her before and will stick with her now.) If they don’t do anything except hold your booking I think this is fair.  If I needed hand holding it might be different.

• Like 1

I learned something important recently.  If you book directly with a cruise line and the company goes belly up, your travel insurance probably won’t cover the loss.  If you use a TA it satisfies the third party supplier requirement.  I can’t explain it well but you might find THIS does better.