11:45 out of Miami ok?

kjuliar

Having missed an 11:40 out of MIA sailing into Port of Miami last year, I would recommend against it. BUT it can be done, if there are no delays and you are one of the first people off the ship. If you do book it, plan on doing self-disembark (where you carry all your luggage off the ship yourself) and that way you will be one of the first people off.

I agree with wrp96. It can be done with the self-embark, but if you want to be on the safe side you can always book the later flight and if you get to the airport earlier, try going stand by for an earlier flight.

I managed to catch a 9:55am flight with the self-embark, even though I booked a 2:30am flight. I hate sitting around the airport. I just want to get home.

My experience has always been the opposite.

I have taken Americans 11:45 out of Miami for the past 5 years and not had any problems at all.

That's not saying it can't happen or that it has not happened.

It's a gamble that you may miss it and be put on stand by for a later flight, but I say odds are in your favor.

I had an 11:40 flight booked from MIA to PHL - when I called to set up my transfers they (RCL) would not accept the time as an acceptable departure time. They said they prefer after 12 and went through all of the various scenarios as to why. I changed to a 1:45 flight instead.

I could have just stayed with the original flight and gotten my own transportation. I figured since this is the first time we are flying to cruise I had better play it safe. Maybe when I'm more experienced with flying and the whole process I'll gamble more.

Lisa

Archived