All Carnival sailings from US cancelled thru May 31st.

DAllenTCY

3 hours ago, ledges1 said:

The US is currently at 6% with two shot vaccinations. 13% have received at least one. These numbers will climb as the J&J one shot is added and the move to 1c vaccinations. Until the percentages are tremendously higher, crews are vaccinated and destination ports are opened and vaccinated, cruise ships are not going anywhere. Test cruises will probably not start in the next 45 days. This will push cruising back to at least the 1st of September. Any additional setbacks will push the date even farther. We all want cruising to return, realistically it will not happen until the vaccine percentages for the US exceed some unknown # that will be set by the CDC. I hope to hold my credits and book after I see a ship successfully leave a US port and return without a CDC issue under their new protocols. Then I will determine if it is a FUN ship.

I just don't understand how there cruising already in Europe and Italy and we here in the USA are stuck in the mud. How are we as citizens not to feel something is wrong ?  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 11:49 AM, kdr69 said:

Actually my cancellations came over a year after final payment so that kinda skews that theory😏

You missed the point . . .

In both cases Carnival HAS YOUR MONEY to burn on future cash disbursements.

Edited by glrounds

2 hours ago, glrounds said:

You missed the point . . .

In both cases Carnival HAS YOUR MONEY to burn on future cash disbursements.

Actually I didnt miss the point but in ANY case what people who spread and support the "interest free loan narrative cant seem to wrap their heads around is that Carnival HAS YOUR MONEY when you book a cruise period. With regard to burning it on future cash disbursements there are simple basic accounting practices that people are ignoring.   Im pretty confident this is not a pyramid scheme but if folks have actual evidence to the contrary please share. Any time someone puts a deposit on a cruise(or any other item) there is no guarantee the cruise wont be cancelled or rescheduled so you have two choices pay your deposit/pay in full when you book at which point Carnival HAS YOUR MONEY and you take your chances or don't cruise because they aint gonna give you the cruise before you pay them.  If Carnival goes Bankrupt i will grieve and mourn the loss in a healthy way and move on same as i would if it was my next door neighbor that owed me money and he skipped town. For those that are worried then get a refund slip it under your pillow and wait till the end of days to say I told you so to the rest of us.