Insurance coverage before and after cruise

Preacherman46

We will be staying in Rome next year for 1 day before and 5 days after our cruise. I was going to get insurance through my agent for the cruise, but what about coverage during the day before and after? And what about the flight insurance when using RCI air2sea? 

1 hour ago, Preacherman46 said:

We will be staying in Rome next year for 1 day before and 5 days after our cruise. I was going to get insurance through my agent for the cruise, but what about coverage during the day before and after? And what about the flight insurance when using RCI air2sea? 

Hi Preacherman46,

You can buy a plan that will cover you for all the days on your trip.

If you need pre-existing conditions coverage there are deadlines that you need to purchase it by.

Steve Dasseos

Steve is not advertising, but check out his website at  https://tripinsurancestore.com/.  I highly recommend calling rather than buying online. The entire staff is knowledgeable and they can ask the right questions to make sure you get the best policy for your situation.  If you search this forum you will find several online insurance brokers with good reviews.  I have only dealt with one in the past.  They had a great website with dozens of options.  Unfortunately when I called to clarify information on a specific policy, all they could do was read back some boilerplate info and ended up giving me wrong information.  That's why I never hesitate recommending Steve.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Preacherman46 said:

My experience only. Do not buy insurance from your travel agent. 

My travel agent sells insurance also. She hasn't a clue what it covers or how to help if I need it. The insurance limits that she provides is way too low. She does take the commission though.

GREAT person in all other aspects, just won't buy the insurance she sells.

We buy yearly travel  insurance  for us it is cheaper. Last year DEC we added covid insurance to policy . As we traveled in Sept and Dec  2020

The main reason we buy it is for the  air medical transport as if you do not have that and have to pay for it you can be in for a huge bill  ours covers $1,000,000 Plus it covers all of the normal  medical trip and lost luggage other ones have . You can buy it by the trip  but for us we do about 8 weeks per year so it is better yearly .