An old beverage plan question...

Clutj

Sorry to bother people, but I can't find on Oceana's website the 15% discount for bottles of wine that is (or was) part of both the beverage plans...

Any pointers appreciated.  Or is it in the Blue Book?  Or just an unwritten policy?  You'd think they'd make it obvious in the online description of the plans, seems like a selling point to me...

Thanks.

If you drill down under "on board experience" eventually you'll get to beverage packages.  The only wine package I see there is choosing 7 bottles from a pretty nice selection for $47.50/bottle, all in.  I don't know if that equates to a 15% discount, but, might be attractive if you're a wine drinker.  

Hope that was some help.

Greg

I can't remember if this ever existed. I do know that when you have the beverage package that you get a discount on La Reserve. I also know that different levels in the O Club get discounts on buying a drink package. 

I'll look in an old Blue Book to see if they have anything about this in it. The website doesn't mention it anywhere that I could find. 

What USNA posted above is good information, but I don't believe it's the answer to the original question. 

Edited by ORV

Ok, I'll correct myself. I just looked at my most current Blue Book, which was in Dec of 19, and it's definitely in there, but I can't find it anywhere on the website. I agree with the OP, it should be on the website. 

I guess I should have looked up the old book first. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ORV said:

I can't remember if this ever existed. I do know that when you have the beverage package that you get a discount on La Reserve. I also know that different levels in the O Club get discounts on buying a drink package. 

But as I found out in Dec 19, that La Reserve discount does not apply to the Dom P menu.  And if I am remembering correctly, I needed to ask for the discount on the other evenings once on board.  Which was only fair, as we could only upgrade to the Premium beverage package once on board.

We also got the bottle discount on the bin end list, which came in handy as there was a Gavi I just HAD to have,

The La Reserve discount only appears on the final bill. We have always automatically received it, without asking, on all La Reserve dinners including the Dom P.

When I give the Wine Steward my pip room key, we have always received the bottle discount on the bill signed at the table.

Thanks ORV and pinotlover.  So I know I wasn’t crazy.  Seems like that discount on an occasional splurge bottle makes the package an even better “deal”.  Will see if it’s in the post-pandemic blue books.