Warning:St. Barth's Excursion on Connie

smdubowsky

Just got back from the 2/4/06 sailing on the Constellation. Had a wonderful time. Be aware of the new dinner menu in the San marco, but that's another thread.

Be advised of two conditions on the excursion to St. Barth's from St. Maarten via the fast ferry.

1. The trip can be a little bumpy on the way over. About 6 people were visibly ill.

2. Almost all of the stores and restaurants are closed on Sunday when the Constellation visits. There was no notice of this until we were ready to board the boat.

If it is raining on St Barth's and you cannot go to the beach, there is nothing to do until the boat goes back around 3:30PM.

We complained along with several others and did receive a partial refund. I want Celebrity to come forth with proper notice.

I think 'a little bumpy' is a vast understatement! We took that excursion while on board Princess and the trip was so bad that at least half the ferry was sick!! I was with a friend who has over a year on the ocean and he was taking Dramamine.

I was one of the few lucky ones who were not ill, but I sure felt sorry for the rest of the pax! Going back, they tell you the trip will be 80% less traumatic. And it was pretty good.

Frankly, I didn't think there was enough there to justify the excursion. We paid $89 each and I felt like it was a big snooze!

Archived