Back to Back advice please.

Adawn47

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're on Arcadia. The 19 night Med cruise sails October 9th, with calls at Cadiz, Cartagena, Valencia, Barcelona, Monaco, Elba, Civitavecchia, Corsica, Gibralter, Lisbon and back to Southampton then to the Fjords.   Andalsnes, cruise Romsdalsfjord, Tromso, Narvik, Stavanger and back to Southampton on November 9th. I'm trying not to get too excited but we so need a restful break as our last cruise was the end of October 2019.

Avril

Avril, I am happy that you sorted it all out to your satisfaction. Do you think there is a chance you will see the northern lights on your Fjords cruise, does northern Norway have snow in November?

8 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Well done Avril. Sounds like a great result. People often knock the P&O call centre staff but if you get a good one they can be brilliant. We have used the same one for years and she knows me as soon as I call and she’s done us a number of favours over the years and has always got us our first choice cabins. I’d forgotten about the rule that any changes to a booking are done at the prices that were applicable when you booked. If you have booked early then that can be a real winner, as you have discovered. Very wise to convert to a Select booking. When you factor in the extra OBC, guaranteed dining choice and choice of a good cabin, the extra is often negligible and certainly worth it. How nice to have that to look forward to. They both sound like great itineraries. 

I'd assumed that certain changes to a booking, changing cabin grades etc, would be treated as a new booking thus using current pricing. I was totally shocked when she worked it out and told me the 2 x cruises price. She was so patient and helpful and tried to find the best deal for us that she could. I shall certainly remember her name, but can you ask for a certain person when you call?

Avril

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, I am happy that you sorted it all out to your satisfaction. Do you think there is a chance you will see the northern lights on your Fjords cruise, does northern Norway have snow in November?

It's called 'Northern Lights'  cruise, so we can only hope as it's early November. We've never been to Norway, so it's all going to be a nice surprise.

Avril

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I shall certainly remember her name, but can you ask for a certain person when you call?

Yep, I do. I have her extension number, but if she’s on another call a colleague picks up and I ask that my contact calls us back, which she always does as soon as she finishes that call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just finished a 1hr 10min call with a lovely helpful lady at P&O. Armed with  everyone's valuable advice I've managed to book the B2B I wanted. She booked us a select fare with no cabin change, OBC and 10% discount. I was surprised when she suggested an upgrade for the saver fare booked in 2019 because of the huge price increase, but she said she would use the same select price as it was at the time of the original booking. So the bottom line is, the total cost of the B2B is £128 dearer than the saver fare but with £350 OBC. I'm an exceedingly happy bunny, just hope it's not cancelled😉

So janny, I think you would be better giving them a call, she was very helpful and did the best she could for me. Regarding coach transfer, I would assume that P&O give the date you will need a pickup to the ship and the one for a return journey. 

Avril

Avril. I have never thought of a B2B from Southampton, but now you have opened up a whole new planB.🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just finished a 1hr 10min call with a lovely helpful lady at P&O. Armed with  everyone's valuable advice I've managed to book the B2B I wanted. She booked us a select fare with no cabin change, OBC and 10% discount. I was surprised when she suggested an upgrade for the saver fare booked in 2019 because of the huge price increase, but she said she would use the same select price as it was at the time of the original booking. So the bottom line is, the total cost of the B2B is £128 dearer than the saver fare but with £350 OBC. I'm an exceedingly happy bunny, just hope it's not cancelled😉

So janny, I think you would be better giving them a call, she was very helpful and did the best she could for me. Regarding coach transfer, I would assume that P&O give the date you will need a pickup to the ship and the one for a return journey. 

Avril

Fantastic Avril. 

I'm very jealous. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Avril. I have never thought of a B2B from Southampton, but now you have opened up a whole new planB.🤔

I hadn't either. I was just browsing for the fjords and noticed the date of departure. The chance of another 12 days was too good to pass up.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I hadn't either. I was just browsing for the fjords and noticed the date of departure. The chance of another 12 days was too good to pass up.

Avril

We had a Southampton B2B cancelled last September, it would have been our first, and it was Dai who put the idea into my head because he regularly used to do them.

• Like 1

If you are a Carnival shareholder you will get OBC on each cruise. You have to spend all your OBC for each  cruise.It cant be carried over from first to second cruise.We are considering a B2B cruise with Princess.(We already have one cruise booked with them in October but you don't get any discounts with them if booking B2B cruises)

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

If you are a Carnival shareholder you will get OBC on each cruise. You have to spend all your OBC for each  cruise.It cant be carried over from first to second cruise.We are considering a B2B cruise with Princess.(We already have one cruise booked with them in October but you don't get any discounts with them if booking B2B cruises)

I'm glad you mentioned that about the OBC. I hadn't thought about using it up before the second cruise. Obvious when you think about it though.

Avril

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Good Morning Avril. Just having a quick catch-up before work and I see the fabulous news about your B2B cruises. I am so happy for you. The ports look amazing and it sounds as though you got a good deal too. It's so good to read such positive news and you can see by everyone's reactions how happy we all are for you. Now you and Frank really do have something to look forward to. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Avril. Just having a quick catch-up before work and I see the fabulous news about your B2B cruises. I am so happy for you. The ports look amazing and it sounds as though you got a good deal too. It's so good to read such positive news and you can see by everyone's reactions how happy we all are for you. Now you and Frank really do have something to look forward to. Jane.x

I've always been a positive person Jane, and like to try and show others that there are two sides to every coin. I, as well as many, many others, have taken some hard knocks this past year, and have struggled sometimes to cope. As these vaccinations are continuing, thanks to the scientists, you and our wonderful NHS, the future seems brighter and more positive. That's why we took a chance and decided to extend our cruise instead of worrying about more cancellations. I genuinely hope that everyone who have cruises booked get to go. We all need some respite now and to be able to look forward to a more stable future.

I hope your day goes well and take care x

Avril

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Sounds lovely Avril, will be different  temperatures on the two cruises!

Getting us nicely acclimatised for our return. There's nothing worse than the shock of returning from a warm October Med cruise and being dropped straight back into the cold UK.

Avril

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Getting us nicely acclimatised for our return. There's nothing worse than the shock of returning from a warm October Med cruise and being dropped straight back into the cold UK.

Avril

Good point!

• Like 1