Resilient Lady

Back to school

20 hours ago, philsuarez said:

Are they doing anything to improve the pool size?

To me the pool is just one of many design mistakes on these ships, varying from minor to major. Examples of minor mistakes being the lack of a magnet in the shower doors or uncomfortable seating throughout the ship or the hidden cabin light switches. Examples of major mistakes being of course the pool, but also the lack of storage in the cabins, the way they set of the cabanas on the sun deck so from the second row you can't see the ocean but instead a screaming big white number on the row in front of you (how romantic / funny, because on the designs they were set up alternating) ), the ridiculous idea of a tattoo shop (what company wants to have the risk of souvenirs that'll be regretted the rest of one’s life?) or the old-daddy-wants-to-feel-young-again guitar hero suites.

• Like 1

I get it.

I recently cruise (2019, 2020) NCL Getaway, Bliss, Joy.

The negative Virgin:

1.  Small pool.  Nothing myself for pool.  NLC pool too busy, too much kids.  It’s not fun.  Youtube Videos NLC/Royal Caribbean/Carnival  hug chairs save for 8 AM. I like NLC Spice area, like Virgin.

2.  Storage.  Carry-on bag for myself, no problem for storage.  Five days ?  Commando for five days.

3.  Cabanas.  No interest for me.  Romantic🤣

4.  Tattoo Shop.  Small square feet, inconsequential.  The cool factor, easy changing.
5. Old-daddy-whats-of-feel -young-again.  No debate. Yep, young at heart.

The positive Virgin.

1.  No hog chairs, lots of room. 
2.  Party atmosphere.  
3.  No kids.

4.  No schedule.

5.  No dress code.

6.  New ship(s).

7.  No kids.

8.  Fit, active, “Sailors”

9.  Fun crew.

10.  No nickel and dime (Including Wi-Fi, gratuities, class working out, Sparkling water- sodas, all food.  

11.  No kids!

12.  Food, yet to determine, I bet you excellent!

13.  Entertainment,  very unique.

That’s me. Hey Richard Branson, Thank you!

• Like 3

I'm not really a pool person, but I do agree that it seems a pool would be useful. I wonder if there are somehow leaving the possibility for one of those on the future ship if people don't like the shallow ones on the first ship.

The tattoo shop seems fun, I don't have any tattoos yet but I was considering getting my first one on the ship, and my partner has a lot of tattoos and wanted to add a small one while on the ship. The downside is that direct sunlight, or immersing yourself in water, two things that cruises tend to involve, are bad for tattoos.

The storage feels like a big one. I tend to travel pretty lightly because I travel a lot and learned to pare down and select carefully, but I would still like to have a good amount of storage space and I'm sure most people want more than I do.

Some of the little things like the cabanas in the shower doors do seem like bad decisions, but perhaps those are easily fixed?