Transatlantic to Nassau?

ew101

I am probably the only huge fan of the Port of Nassau out here, but you have to admire the government there for stepping up.  The data on vaccine effectiveness continues to look promising.    So the idea is (hiding under my desk from a wall of flames) - you sail UK to Nassau.  You need to vaccinate the entire crew and passengers need a card also.  The whole indoor close air-swapping thing is very 2019.  If everyone is careful it just might work.  

Crystal Cruises Launches New Close-to-Home Bahamas Escapes from Nassau and Bimini Beginning July 2021 – For Immediate Release | Official News Wire for the Travel Industry

At first this came across as a great new start however.....

This is during the height of hurricane season. Serenity will stay in the Bahamas region because the ship is Bahama registered.

However where can she go once an Irma, Andrew or Rita heads in that direction?  Right now all other ports are closed. And will she be able to access the scheduled ports once damaged by a hurricane? And even if all goes well the weather isn't particularly nice during that time.

Last year we immediately jumped on the occasion when Hurtigruten started to sail again. The first cruise was cancelled and we eventually sailed along the Norwegian Coast. It was not the best cruise with lots of irritation and mishandled issues. My suggestion is just be patient, and start cruising when all is safe and well again. 

• Like 1