NOT THIS TIME

Hawkstar33

Just to follow up on my prior post.  We Cancelled it. Not laying any more money out.  Waited right up until final payment for this June's,  Summit trip.   After a long yr of cancels, switches, fcc's, CDC's, Fauci's etc,  I'm just tired of playing the game.   We were amongst the first cruises cancelled last yr. The day before we were to get on the plane to Florida.  Then couple months later, not knowing if covid was gonna last, we made final payment on another trip.  And it just spiraled.  Swithches, fcc's, and now we have 3 booked in 2022, the first 2 paid for in full already, and a new Summit which will mostly be paid with remaining fcc.  Many others are in the same boat. No pun intended.   I think we did well in the end, although others will not agree with them controlling our cash until full scale cruising starts up again.  

You have to do what’s right for you.  We had three cancellations with Celebrity.  April TA on Reflection,  Silhouette May and July.  We were offered nothing, except we were welcome to rebook at prevailing rates, which were thousands of dollars more.  Their prices are now over the top.  Booked on another similar line, in a suite, full perks included, to the Baltics in 2022.  Saved a ton of money!  Still have not received our deposit from our HAL cancelled cruise and it’s been 6 weeks.  I give them only the minimum amount possible, but it’s still frustrating.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

You have to do what’s right for you.  We had three cancellations with Celebrity.  April TA on Reflection,  Silhouette May and July.  We were offered nothing, except we were welcome to rebook at prevailing rates, which were thousands of dollars more.  Their prices are now over the top.  Booked on another similar line, in a suite, full perks included, to the Baltics in 2022.  Saved a ton of money!  Still have not received our deposit from our HAL cancelled cruise and it’s been 6 weeks.  I give them only the minimum amount possible, but it’s still frustrating.

Similar line?

29 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Similar line?

Princess, specifically Enchanted.  Since the thread was discussing Celebrity,  I didn’t see any point in naming a another cruise line.  But, since you asked, I’ll happily respond.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Princess, specifically Enchanted.  Since the thread was discussing Celebrity,  I didn’t see any point in naming a another cruise line.  But, since you asked, I’ll happily respond.  

Thank you. There are many on the Celebrity board that have expressed similar concerns over the rising prices and are looking at other lines. I find it useful to see what line(s) they choose when, like you, they book elsewhere.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Thank you. There are many on the Celebrity board that have expressed similar concerns over the rising prices and are looking at other lines. I find it useful to see what line(s) they choose when, like you, they book elsewhere.

What I think helped to keep the Canadian price low, is that Princess lowered the exchange rate to 1.27 and I think it’s quite a bit higher with Celebrity.  To get a nice balcony cabin on Celebrity, all inclusive, to the Baltics in the spring of 2022 is approx $12,000 for two passengers.  We booked a midship mini suite with extended balcony and all the perks (premier bev package, all gratuities, wifi, specialty dining, location upgrade and $100.00 per person OBC) for $7800.00.  Over $4000.00 savings in a better cabin.  We just cannot afford Celebrity anymore.  We are Elite with Celebrity and Platinum with Princess, so quite familiar with both lines.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

What I think helped to keep the Canadian price low, is that Princess lowered the exchange rate to 1.27 and I think it’s quite a bit higher with Celebrity.  To get a nice balcony cabin on Celebrity, all inclusive, to the Baltics in the spring of 2022 is approx $12,000 for two passengers.  We booked a midship mini suite with extended balcony and all the perks (premier bev package, all gratuities, wifi, specialty dining, location upgrade and $100.00 per person OBC) for $7800.00.  Over $4000.00 savings in a better cabin.  We just cannot afford Celebrity anymore.  We are Elite with Celebrity and Platinum with Princess, so quite familiar with both lines.

Very useful information. We more or less alternate between HAL and Celebrity, and the one Princess cruise we had booked was for last summer, so we haven't actually sailed with them yet. They are at the top of our list now, however, and I hope we can enjoy savings similar to yours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Very useful information. We more or less alternate between HAL and Celebrity, and the one Princess cruise we had booked was for last summer, so we haven't actually sailed with them yet. They are at the top of our list now, however, and I hope we can enjoy savings similar to yours. 

If you book please let me know how you make out.......hoping you get a great deal, too!  I really think you would enjoy Princess.

• Like 1

Prices are certainly higher.  To the point where several of our past cruiser friends won't pay it.  We will ride these 3 cruises out, as we were not adversely affected with the changes.  Then will decide if it's time for the change.   

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, Fouremco said:

We enjoy Princess and are Elite with them. They are our 2nd choice in cruise lines.  We think the  food is better/higher quality on Celebrity and enjoy the roomier bathrooms, especially the shower on Celebrity (for veranda and lower stateroom categories).  Prior to Always Included, the perks for Elite Plus on Celebrity outweighed the perks for Elite on Princess. Now that Princess has an 'all perks' option which has been lower by quite a bit on most cruises I've compared to Celebrity, we may be cruising with them more than Celebrity in the future.  And as an added bonus, I may not gain as much weight...lol!

But one has to wonder if cruise lines will survive this pandemic.      

• Like 1