Quiet places to sunbath

7th cruise

I have  been reading a thred on The Retreat and the cost of it. I have only ever been on one P and O cruise and that was on the Azura in 2019 and was thinking of trying the retreat but didn't as I thought it was quite expensive for the day. We did find it busy on decks especially on sea days and at peak times, we did however stumble upon a seemingly quiet are on the top deck of the ship, this might have been because it was the last day of the Cruise or it was generally a quiet area of the ship. Do you all have an area you use for sunbathing or do you use your balcony, Retreat etc

Top and front decks to to be generally quieter as lots of people want to be near the pool, where the big screen is or music etc. I like the higher decks especially if you get behind the glass screens, it can feel breezy when at sea if you are stood up but if you get sat on a sunbed it is fine.

Hi,

We have booked the use of the Retreat on two 14 day trips on Azura and we enjoy it. But please don't book it thinking it is going to be "quieter". Yes if you sit and laze in the inside bit it is likely to be, but if you are sunbathing on the open part at the front, yes sunbeds arent shoved up against each other, but you are literally right next to a "public" sunbathing spot and also the steps to the adult pool, seperated by a small metal fence, it definitely isn't quieter. 

We still love it though!