Travel Insurance

libracon

I haven't decided on who to go through for my insurance my T.A. gave me a pamphlet for TravelIte. What else is out there and Whom do you think is the best. Also I will Opt for the uper scale ie for coverage to get helod off the ship.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Travelex Lite for my previous cruises. The reason I picked them is because they have primary insurance coverage and most others are secondary coverage. For full explanations, I also like insuremytrip.com. That's where I have purchased mine.

Good luck

The acid test is when you have to submit a claim....I've used AccessAmerica.com for insurance and when I had to cancel a trip last month due to a death in the family, I filed my claim and within 2 weeks had refund check in hand.

Janet is correct...I've judged companies by how they pay when a claim is submitted. With Travelex Travel Lite, we had to cancel a cruise 3 weeks prior to sailing because my husband became ill, and they were wonderful to work with. I called, they sent me the necessary claim form, we filled it out (very comprehensive), had the doctor sign it, and mailed it back. Within a couple of weeks we had a check for a complete refund, even for shore excursions that we had booked privately that were non-refundable.

Same thing when I had to be treated by the ship's doctor for an ear problem. Attached the bill the doctor gave me to the claim form and submitted it. I had my check for the entire amount within 2 weeks. And the Travelex employees are among the nicest people I've ever dealt with.

I have always used Travelex and one time we thought we were going to have to cancel...we called and they sent all the necessary forms out...fortunately we did not have to. I called them back and they were very nice. The agent even told me how glad she was that everything had turned out the way it did.

First of all, these boards are a GOLD MINE of amazing information! I don't post much, but read daily, and always find something I can use.

I wonder if anyone here has had experience with the "FREE" travel insurance from www.ecruises.com ? The offer sounds a little confusing to me....

When making the initial booking, you have the option of paying for the insurance premium to protect your cruise vacation investment. (All pre-existing medical conditions, as defined by the insurance provider, will be covered). eCruises.com then reduces your final payment for the cruise by the amount of the insurance premium. YOU ONLY PAY THE COST OF THE CRUISE and GET THE INSURANCE AS A BONUS.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have!:)

Archived