Can We Get Off Prior to Conclusion of Cruise?

ssawjo

I have a question about leaving a cruise prior to its' conclusion.  We are on the NY to NY round trip in July/September 2022 on the Insignia.  We are thinking of debarking in Lisbon (a short stop) and then touring Spain, ending up in Barcelona.  The cruise continues to the Azores and then five sea days to New York.  So, not missing a lot.  

Question:  Has anyone done what I am proposing?  Would Oceania reduce the cruise fare?  (I doubt it but if you don't ask then nothing happens.)  There is no "segment" for this portion of the cruise.

Any answers would be appreciated.  I am working with a TA but have not broached this topic with her.

Thanks,

Bill

Best to ask Oceania & get it in writing

They have in the past allowed people to disembark early with no discount in fare  depending on the Country 

You could also just do the 32 day cruise to  Le Havre (Paris)  & fly to  Lisbon  

JMO

Yes, It can be done; we did the same on a South Pacific cruise.  You will have to contact Oceania to get prior approval for early disembarkment though.  I'm sure your TA can handle it for you, but I think I did the work myself.  And, no, no refund for unused days.

Donna

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Best to ask Oceania & get it in writing

They have in the past allowed people to disembark early with no discount in fare  depending on the Country 

You could also just do the 32 day cruise to  Le Havre (Paris)  & fly to  Lisbon  

JMO

True, but we want to do the ports in-between Le Havre and Lisbon.

30 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

True, but we want to do the ports in-between Le Havre and Lisbon.

Just an option

You have to do the math & see what works best your your needs/wants

We're doing the same cruise but want to stay in Europe also so we opted to disembark in Le Havre and save the fare amount for the rest of the trip back to NYC.  They will not credit your account for the missed time but as others have said you can get off with prior approval.

If the $$ doesn't bother you one advantage of booking the full 46 days are (at this time) more staterooms available in all categories.

2 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

We're doing the same cruise but want to stay in Europe also so we opted to disembark in Le Havre and save the fare amount for the rest of the trip back to NYC.  They will not credit your account for the missed time but as others have said you can get off with prior approval.

If the $$ doesn't bother you one advantage of booking the full 46 days are (at this time) more staterooms available in all categories.

We are already booked at this time.  Just thinking of options.  Thanks.