Is there an ice bucket in the cabin?

MSEm

I have been on Queen of Mississippi and Independence. Both had ice buckets available for in cabin use. I remember finding the bucket on the closet shelf aboard Independence and I think QoM's was by the TV. They do not fill them. It is easy enough to keep the bucket filled yourself from the ice machine in the lounge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfb said:

I have been on Queen of Mississippi and Independence. Both had ice buckets available for in cabin use. I remember finding the bucket on the closet shelf aboard Independence and I think QoM's was by the TV. They do not fill them. It is easy enough to keep the bucket filled yourself from the ice machine in the lounge.

As dfb stated,

We have always had an ice bucket in our stateroom.  It is an easy "task" to fill it, as stated.  On a couple of occasions, our cabin attendant has noticed that we were using the ice and asked if we wished to have it replenished by them.  We thanked her and told her that we could easily get the ice when we needed it without any difficulty.  No problems there.

On our first ACL cruise (roundtrip New Orleans) I asked (pre-cruise) if, by chance, they would have a particular brand of a local area beer on board.  When we boarded we found an ice bucket with four bottles of Abita in our cabin, with a note from the Hotel Director saying if we needed (wanted) more to let him know -- It was also readily available in the lounges and dining room.  I thought that was a nice gesture, especially for a "newbie".

NRayH

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:02 AM, dfb said:

Because of covid there was no ice in the machines in the lounges but our cabin steward filled our ice bucket daily after we asked if she would.