w. carribean excursions with preschoolers?

sr5242

Hi, we are taking our first cruise as a family- we have two preschool age boys, our itinerary is to costa maya, then to santo tomas in guatemala, then to belize, then to cozumel.

we are wondering which if any excursions we could do with our boys. they can't handle a full day of activities, and I certainly can't afford the cruise and lots of extra money for excursions. I am particularly interested in guatemalan excursions- this port was the only reason we booked the cruise. but all the side trips seem too much for my boys.

any ideas would be appreciated!!

I haven't been to the other ports, but in Cozumel last year with four !!! pre-school (3, 4, 5,5) grandkids we took them to Paradise beach, which was just perfect. All they really wanted to do was play in the sand and water and they had a great time. The only cost was about $15 for a taxi ride each way, though of course you can spend money on food, drinks, wrist bands for activities, etc. With such young children we didn't even need them. I don't know if everything is up and running in Cozumel after the hurricane, but if you check the destination board here you should be able to tell.

I'd be really careful about any long excursion that involves lots of riding, walking, touring, etc. with little kids. I've been to other Mayan ruins in Mexico and I don't think they would have much appeal for pre-schoolers. Even the short bus tour we took in Jamaica was too much for our gang last year.

Archived