New to American Cruise Line and Booked on the Constitution

tipsygirl

We have booked the Grand New England cruise on the Constitution July, and I have a few questions.

• I was looking for a laundry room on the deck plans and didn't find one. Is there one, and if so where?  Do they have laundry service?
  • Where is the best place to get early morning coffee? Any specialty coffee available, like a latte or capucino?
  • I see there are a number of large lounges throughout the ship. Also small lounges. How do they differ in what they provide?
  • Has anyone sailed in cabin 310.  Our TA had picked a different cabin, but due to a mixup this is the one we got.  It shares a wall with one of the small lounges. They assured our TA that the wall has plenty of sound proofing so would not be a problem.  Does that ring true?
  • We plan to purchase some wine before the cruise to bring on the ship. If we bring our wine into the dining room will be charged corkage? Not a problem, but we might bring more on board if there is no charge. 

If there are any things it would be helpful for us to know I would appreciate the information.  We have done a lot of river cruises in Europe and ocean cruises in the US and Europe, but this will be a new experience for us.  

Cindy

• I was looking for a laundry room on the deck plans and didn't find one. Is there one, and if so where?  Do they have laundry service? Don't know
  • Where is the best place to get early morning coffee? Any specialty coffee available, like a latte or capucino?  They usually have self service in one of the lounges. probably no specialty at an early hour.
  • I see there are a number of large lounges throughout the ship. Also small lounges. How do they differ in what they provide? Large rooms are for ship's events, cocktail parties, evening entertainment, etc. Small lounges are quiet spaces for reading, doing a jigsaw puzzle, board games, etc.
  • Has anyone sailed in cabin 310.  Our TA had picked a different cabin, but due to a mixup this is the one we got.  It shares a wall with one of the small lounges. They assured our TA that the wall has plenty of sound proofing so would not be a problem.  Does that ring true? it's a small lounge, won't be noisy. It will be empty most of the time
  • We plan to purchase some wine before the cruise to bring on the ship. If we bring our wine into the dining room will be charged corkage? Not a problem, but we might bring more on board if there is no charge. Doubt there is a corkage fee

8 hours ago, tipsygirl said:

We have booked the Grand New England cruise on the Constitution July, and I have a few questions.

• Has anyone sailed in cabin 310.  Our TA had picked a different cabin, but due to a mixup this is the one we got.  It shares a wall with one of the small lounges. They assured our TA that the wall has plenty of sound proofing so would not be a problem.  Does that ring true?

We sailed in cabin 302, which shares a wall with the main lounge (think music amplification systems, crowds, etc.).  The soundproofing was evidently excellent, as we could hear none of this from our cabin!

Cabin 310 shares a wall with a small lounge, which as BaumD points out, is usually empty, or if it is not, is extremely quiet (I think that is the lounge with the computers).  So you'll hear nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 11:12 AM, tipsygirl said:

• I was looking for a laundry room on the deck plans and didn't find one. Is there one, and if so where?  Do they have laundry service?
  • Where is the best place to get early morning coffee? Any specialty coffee available, like a latte or capucino?
  • I see there are a number of large lounges throughout the ship. Also small lounges. How do they differ in what they provide?
  • We plan to purchase some wine before the cruise to bring on the ship. If we bring our wine into the dining room will be charged corkage? Not a problem, but we might bring more on board if there is no charge. 

If there are any things it would be helpful for us to know I would appreciate the information.  We have done a lot of river cruises in Europe and ocean cruises in the US and Europe, but this will be a new experience for us.  

Cindy

Cindy, My hubby and I are also booked for July. We are on the 24 July embarkation. Is that yours as well? 

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked for this cruise on June 14th.

does anyone know which pier the ship leaves from?

the woman I spoke to on the phone from the cruise line told me Pier 6, but I can’t find any information on it.   

Travellgirl,

Unless ACL has changed locations (perhaps due to Covid-19 rules), this cruise has previously left from Boston/Charleston, right near where the USS Constitution is presently berthed.  Not sure if Charleston is a separate entity, or just a historical carry-over (they do that a lot in the Boston-Historical Area).

Perhaps an specific inquiry to ACL, in this regard can clear up this issue for you.  The Charleston area dock can only accommodate the smaller sized vessels (like ACL's) -- the larger cruise ships use Black Falcon Cruise Terminal (aka Boston Cruise Terminal).  This may be why ACL sometimes refers to the terminal for most of their cruise (except "day stops") as Charleston??

You may want to ask ACL the actual address for whatever terminal you are scheduled to leave from.

Hope this helps.

NRayH