Does Costa provide robes to all cabins?

1stimecruiser

The week of 1/29, I was aboard the Magica in a Cat 8A veranda cabin (#6435). No robes were provided, though there were two nice hooks on the cabin wall that my instincts told me were for robes. ;) We didn't ask for robes, so I don't know if they are available.

Wife and I are booked for the 26th on Magica, same category, same deck, near aft end of ship. Just wondering about noise from lounges on lower deck. Read a complaint about noise from someone who was in inside cabin on this deck near back of ship. Thanks.

Hello Skolega & Daytonian,

I posted a review about the Magica, I was the one who mentioned the issue about the the noise from below (the Capri Lounge is on deck5).

Our cabin was 6418, Jan 29-Feb 5 sailing. Hey, I am NOT complaining

though, the gentleman at the purser's desk upgraded us to cabin 1015

(that's a veranda cabin, starboard side, Tiziano deck 10) plus he also

threw in an package containing a really neat array of toiletries. Other

than this minor issue, I must say that this was one of the most enjoyable crusies I have taken in the 30+years I have been cruising, ship, food and

everything!

You guys enjoy the Magica, it truly lives up to its name!

• 1 year later...
Wife and I are booked for the 26th on Magica, same category, same deck, near aft end of ship. Just wondering about noise from lounges on lower deck. Read a complaint about noise from someone who was in inside cabin on this deck near back of ship. Thanks.

Hi there...just back yesterday on the Magica...had a balcony room...7426. Our first time for both aft room and a balcony. We had concerns re engine noise...and rough ride. Absolutley no problem with either, and will actually request aft room next trip. We also had so noise from either inside or outside....it was wonderful. Good luck to you, and enjoy your trip

On the Mediterranea 2/25 I requested robes from the cabin stewardess as well as requesting that she ice a bottle of champaign. At the time I tipped her 10 dollars upfront, as is my custom, and she told me that robes were only for suite passengers, but that she would try to get a couple. She did by that afternoon. Since we were able to stay on for another week at a great price, and had to switch cabins, I did the same with the second cabin stewardess, she also provided robes, and in fact provided us with a clean one each day.

What effect the tip had I don't know. I asked because I read on here some time ago that Costa only provided robes on request. I believe that the lotions/shampoos must be requested also. There is a card in the bathroom that informs you of that.

On the Mediterranea 2/25 I requested robes from the cabin stewardess as well as requesting that she ice a bottle of champaign. At the time I tipped her 10 dollars upfront, as is my custom, and she told me that robes were only for suite passengers, but that she would try to get a couple. She did by that afternoon. Since we were able to stay on for another week at a great price, and had to switch cabins, I did the same with the second cabin stewardess, she also provided robes, and in fact provided us with a clean one each day.

What effect the tip had I don't know. I asked because I read on here some time ago that Costa only provided robes on request. I believe that the lotions/shampoos must be requested also. There is a card in the bathroom that informs you of that.

Was there no ice in your stateroom when you boarded?

So do i understand. There is no lotions shampoos soaps robs or ice in rooms. But if you ask they will bring them to your room no fee?

on my magica cruise, 6oz bottles of suave body lotion were supplied by the room steward and replenished as needed. (first one came on the pillow of day 2)

body wash in the shower worked fine as shampoo (no seperate pump on the wall, just 1)

bar soap is provided at the sink

ice is provided and always replenished in your ice bucket on your desktop in your cabin.

no robs but you can ask.

no charge for everything you asked.

Just to clarify: Yes there was ice in the cabin, I wanted the champaign iced in a wine bucket. Robes were provided on request in both cabins. As I said, I don't know what effect the tip had on that.

Archived