Officers and crew on NCL ships 2021; "Where are They Now"

casofilia

On 10/8/2021 at 2:54 AM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

We got off of The Getaway a couple of days ago.

These were the officers as of October 4th:

GM                       Mario Markovic    very friendly and nice

Asst GM              Nenad Maric

F & B                   David Pikic

CD                       Jeffrey Hernandez

Exec HK             Jose Omier

GS Mgr               Irma Reyes

Exec Chef           Alok Kumar

BM                       Dindo Ramos

RM                      Jenna Felix

Cr Nxt                 Paloma Pelaez

We had a great time and enjoyed the Officers and crew.

Judy

We had the pleasure of meeting, and having dinner with Mario Markovic on the Jewel in January of 2016 — it was literally his first week with NCL, as Assistant Hotel Director at that time.  He had to fill in for officer that we started dinner with, when that officer got called away for an issue in the engineering section.  We were very happy Mario did, because he was a fun and engaging dinner companion.  We keep hoping we have a chance to sail with him again, but so far no luck.  I am glad to see he is still with NCL.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:06 AM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

I have previously listed the officers.  The Haven:  Concierge is David Contreras. In my humble opinion, he is the best of the best in concierges.  

we have many that we love, but he is the cream on the top.  Asst to him is Ivan - also great.  Bartenders were Christian (AMAZING), Lester and Anna.  They are a great team.  Hostess is Mary & asst is Janet.  Both are great.

Waiters/waitresses - these change many times between cruises, but ours were very good.  None stood out as a WOW, but they were all attentive & knew us by name and knew our likes and dislikes.  Our Butler was Hipo - very attentive and seemed to know what we needed.  Other Butlers (some of them) were Rickie and Leon.  I did not write down names, so the rest have skipped my mind.

Judy

I agree — David is a wonderful concierge and person.  I’m still stunned about Papi — he was also a lovely person and is missed by so many

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I agree — David is a wonderful concierge and person.  I’m still stunned about Papi — he was also a lovely person and is missed by so many

Yes, Papi was one of a kind.  It happened so quickly that no one saw it coming.  David is having to be very strong for his family right now.

Judy

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:29 AM, lastingtouch said:

Anyone have any info for the Gem?  Concierge? We cruise on Jan. 2nd.

When we were on the Gem this past August, Virginia was the Concierge.  She is amazing.  She told us she was moving to the Breakaway in the summer of 2022.  I hope she is there for you in January. She will take great care of you.

6 hours ago, Seanair said:

When we were on the Gem this past August, Virginia was the Concierge.  She is amazing.  She told us she was moving to the Breakaway in the summer of 2022.  I hope she is there for you in January. She will take great care of you.

Just got off her on November 28th.  Alex Nikolic was the Concierge.  Best concierge we have ever had....I did see Virginia at disembarkation tho, so maybe you will have her.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got off the Joy on December 11. Here are the senior hotel officers:

General Manager: Martin Ivanov

Asst GM: Hannah Han

F&B Director: Ricardo Pinheiro

Asst F&B Director: Tyson Pinto

Cruise Director: Roberto De Pasquale

Executive Chef: Roger Gavankar

Restaurant Manager: Ana Malata

Beverage Manager: Haide Balon

Executive Housekeeper: Cherry Paje

Cruise Next Manager: Sammie-Joe Davidson

Guest Service Manager: Trevor Swart

GSCs/Access Officers: Jessica Owhin & Rey Necesito

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lkjacobs said:

Got off the Joy on December 11. Here are the senior hotel officers:

General Manager: Martin Ivanov

Asst GM: Hannah Han

F&B Director: Ricardo Pinheiro

Asst F&B Director: Tyson Pinto

Cruise Director: Roberto De Pasquale

Executive Chef: Roger Gavankar

Restaurant Manager: Ana Malata

Beverage Manager: Haide Balon

Executive Housekeeper: Cherry Paje

Cruise Next Manager: Sammie-Joe Davidson

Guest Service Manager: Trevor Swart

GSCs/Access Officers: Jessica Owhin & Rey Necesito

That's a completely different crew than the one we sailed with on the Joy in 2019 in Alaska.  I don't recognize most of these names, but we have sailed with Sammie-Joe on the Epic, though.  She's a real sweetheart!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 8:26 PM, bmwnurse said:

Hi All! Does anyone know who the current Concierge & Haven Bartenders are on the Getaway?

I posted officers & Concierge for Getaway back in November.  David Contreras is Concierge.  Bartenders - change frequently, so probably not the same now.  (They move around to different bars)

David is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy
  • Like 1

My family started cruising while we were relatively “young” (we started in our late 20’s when our kids were old enough for the kids club). I never truly appreciated all the hard work that the crew goes through until I was on one particular cruise (not NCL) where they were worked to the bone and the guests were treating them like their personal servants. I’m not by nature an outgoing “people person” but since that cruise I’ve made it a point to go up to the staff and really thank them for all the hard work that they do - on top of being away from their families for months at a time. 

we’ve usually gone on the Breakaway or the Getaway and had such a wonderful experience with the Dining managers and Maitre D (not sure if that’s their titles or spellings) - most notably Roshell Fernandes and Chandra Muttam. We had some hiccups with our meals and they both took the time to meet with us to iron everything out. On subsequent cruises, when we saw they were on board, we made it a point to go up to them. Then we heard they switched to New Orleans so that’s where we’re headed this year!!

the OP should forward all these names of outstanding officers to NCL so they can get recognition somehow!

3 minutes ago, b94race said:

My family started cruising while we were relatively “young” (we started in our late 20’s when our kids were old enough for the kids club). I never truly appreciated all the hard work that the crew goes through until I was on one particular cruise (not NCL) where they were worked to the bone and the guests were treating them like their personal servants. I’m not by nature an outgoing “people person” but since that cruise I’ve made it a point to go up to the staff and really thank them for all the hard work that they do - on top of being away from their families for months at a time. 

we’ve usually gone on the Breakaway or the Getaway and had such a wonderful experience with the Dining managers and Maitre D (not sure if that’s their titles or spellings) - most notably Roshell Fernandes and Chandra Muttam. We had some hiccups with our meals and they both took the time to meet with us to iron everything out. On subsequent cruises, when we saw they were on board, we made it a point to go up to them. Then we heard they switched to New Orleans so that’s where we’re headed this year!!

the OP should forward all these names of outstanding officers to NCL so they can get recognition somehow!

Before Covid, NCL had a system where people could fill out "Hero" cards about crew members.  When a crew member got cards, they received rewards.  The rewards were based on the number of cards.  They got shore excursions, time off, and various other perks.  It helped keep the crew morale high.  I hope they will reinstate it once they feel that this crazy threat of illness is gone.

I too love the NCL crew and think that all of them deserve much more credit for what they do.

Judy

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

Before Covid, NCL had a system where people could fill out "Hero" cards about crew members.  When a crew member got cards, they received rewards.  The rewards were based on the number of cards.  They got shore excursions, time off, and various other perks.  It helped keep the crew morale high.  I hope they will reinstate it once they feel that this crazy threat of illness is gone.

I too love the NCL crew and think that all of them deserve much more credit for what they do.

Judy

There were "Hero" cards available on my Bliss cruise last month.

15 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I am thrilled to hear this.

I hope lots of people will take the time to fill them out.

We did not have them on The Getaway in November.

I asked for them.

It is so helpful for the crew if folks will just say thanks for doing a good job.

It does not have to be long.

Just list the crew members name and job and then say Thank You!

Judy

15 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Anyone cruise on the TA of encore or shortly after?  We had amazing service by all staff at the malting’s bar.  Hoping they are all safe and healthy and if any of them came back to cruising. 

Elliot is still the bartender at the Maltings Bar.  He was there when we were on the Encore pre-covid in Dec 2019 and again post-covid in Dec 2021.

One of the bartenders in the District Brew House was on the Escape, the Bliss, and the Encore pre-covid and is still on the Encore now.    He will be moving to the Prima later this year for the Inaugural cruise.  Most of the "team" will also be moving to the Prima.

Edited by Landl cruiser
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

We will be on the Escape next November & I know that officers and crew change, but I am wondering who is on the Escape now?  Officers, concierge?  I heard that Bowen was concierge and we think he is great.  

Judy

I’m on the Escape right now. Here’s the list as of today:

General Manager: Rohinton “Ron” Mottahed 

Asst GM: Nomita Rambhunjan (leaving mid-January; Duncan replacing)

F&B Director: Yusuf Ozarslan

Cruise Director: Ferdie (not sure of surname; just started today)

Executive Housekeeper: Rodrigo Rodriguez 

Executive Chef: Ganesh Panjami

Guest Service Manager: Kitkat Galope Reyes

Restaurant Manager: Jay Hizon

Beverage Manager: Laszlo Pinter

CruiseNext Manager: Martin Visser

Concierge: Bowen

This is a very strong management group. If they’re still aboard next November, you’ll have a great experience. 

Unfortunately, Jacky Tang, the Cruise Director on the Escape, is no longer with NCL as of December 18. I suspect they’ll go through several names before settling on a permanent assignment. Ralph Gelena, the ACD, filled in until today with essentially no notice and did a great job keeping the train running, so to speak. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Same right now on the Escape. Cards everywhere. They’ve eliminated the “Vacation Hero” pins on everyone’s uniforms, however. It got really silly, since every crew member had one. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, lkjacobs said:

Same right now on the Escape. Cards everywhere. They’ve eliminated the “Vacation Hero” pins on everyone’s uniforms, however. It got really silly, since every crew member had one. 

I am so happy to hear this.

The crew need the positive feedback.

Can't wait for our TA in November.

It will be our first cruise on Escape.

Judy

On 12/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, Landl cruiser said:

Elliot is still the bartender at the Maltings Bar.  He was there when we were on the Encore pre-covid in Dec 2019 and again post-covid in Dec 2021.

One of the bartenders in the District Brew House was on the Escape, the Bliss, and the Encore pre-covid and is still on the Encore now.    He will be moving to the Prima later this year for the Inaugural cruise.  Most of the "team" will also be moving to the Prima.

There was a pretty young bar tender (Nebo?). We made sure to make maltings our nightly go to.  I remember his goal was to work on ncl as much as possible and then open up a bar of his own later in life with his friend.  

that cruise was truly in our top cruises for sure based on staff and passengers we met.  The ship, well, it was our first ncl and we loved it.