Flights to Cyprus on Jewel fly/cruise

Having booked Jewel out of Cypus for September, the invoice arrived today. It does say the flights are provisional, but it's showing Manchester departure at 7am landing at Larnaca at 4pm. I was surprised to see Larnaca rather than Paphos, but there will be  very little difference in the transfer time. What did surprise me was the arrival time being 2 hours later than I would have expected even allowing for the time difference. It makes me wonder if two  flights are involved  or that we may land somewhere to pick up extra passengers. I usually book cruise only, so am not familiar with fly cruise arrangements. Has anybody any ideas about this ?(bearing in mind it will  all be conjecture)  TIA

I’m flying from Birmingham and the times given were exactly the same. When I asked my travel agent about this, she assumed the timings were just a range ie first flight from UK expected to leave at 7am, and last flight arriving in Cyprus arriving at 4pm. She was fairly confident the flights would be direct. It is conjecture though, she didn’t know for sure. She said flight times would only be confirmed 30 days before the holiday.

I got the same details on our August Jewel cruise with flights from Manchester. I am of the view that at this moment in time RCI don’t know what flights they will be providing and therefore just put down max times in case they cannot fill a direct charter flight and instead need to use a scheduled flight involving indirect flights eg changing at Heathrow or Amsterdam.

The flights showing on Skyscanner at present leaving Manchester at 6.50am with a change in Munich 

and arrives in Larnaca around 15.00.

or

another flight with Lufthansa leaving Manchester at 6.10am changing in Frankfurt and arriving in Larnaca at 16.10.

As someone else has mentioned the flight times will probably be confirmed nearer your sailing, and probably once travel begins again there could be more flights available.

Ok, I’m getting worried after reading this.  I booked Jewel today for the 7 August sailing. I also booked our flights through Air2Sea and it went smoothly.  We are arriving on 6 August.  We always arrive at least the day before at the latest.  Do you think there will be a problem staying a day before getting i

on the ship.  These COVID times seem to be changing all of the rules🤷‍♀️.  On the way home we are flying thru Heathrow but our flight to the States doesn’t leave until the next day.  If we stay at the Hilton at Terminal 5 will there be a problem for us, as US citizens,  in these COVID times.  I hope this makes sense🥴

3 hours ago, relaxlynn said:

Ok, I’m getting worried after reading this.  I booked Jewel today for the 7 August sailing. I also booked our flights through Air2Sea and it went smoothly.  We are arriving on 6 August.  We always arrive at least the day before at the latest.  Do you think there will be a problem staying a day before getting i

on the ship.  These COVID times seem to be changing all of the rules🤷‍♀️.  On the way home we are flying thru Heathrow but our flight to the States doesn’t leave until the next day.  If we stay at the Hilton at Terminal 5 will there be a problem for us, as US citizens,  in these COVID times.  I hope this makes sense🥴

Hi,

we booked a flight to Larnaca 9th July ( for the 10th July sailing)  as I dont want to arrive late afternoon the day the ship sails. We want to book a hotel next to the harbour if possible. I hope, that we can stay overnight there. Untill now it seems no problem, but who knows?

Edited by Summer35

3 hours ago, relaxlynn said:

Sadly no one really know the answer to this. There will be more information released about international travel on 12 th of april here in the UK. So hopefully will have some information for you. 

I got told that the flight times given are just a placeholder and that actual flights will be given 30 days prior. 

They told my TA that they are hoping to charter flights hence the waiting til 30 days prior to gauge if they have enough people for a charter.

6 hours ago, relaxlynn said:

On the way home we are flying thru Heathrow but our flight to the States doesn’t leave until the next day.  If we stay at the Hilton at Terminal 5 will there be a problem for us, as US citizens,  in these COVID times.  I hope this makes sense🥴

Under the current rules you will need to quarantine in a Covid Hotel for ten Days upon arrival in UK, so may not be allowed to fly out next day.

I hope by then that the rules change allowing you to fly home next day, but if there is an alternative route for you avoiding UK, I would certainly look at that.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 9:17 AM, legospice said:

I got told that the flight times given are just a placeholder and that actual flights will be given 30 days prior. 

They told my TA that they are hoping to charter flights hence the waiting til 30 days prior to gauge if they have enough people for a charter.

After looking at Skyscanner I saw the flights detailed by an earlier  poster, and came to the conclusion that Royal will probably be chartering a flight or two from the UK and may need to pick up passengers at more than one airport. What will be will be, and at least we will be cruising (hopefully)

What is the price if you don't take take the Royal flight?  how much extra are they putting on the price?

Is it cheaper to arrange your own air from the UK on Easyjet or one of the other cheap airlines?

13 hours ago, M&A said:

What is the price if you don't take take the Royal flight?  how much extra are they putting on the price?

Is it cheaper to arrange your own air from the UK on Easyjet or one of the other cheap airlines?

As far as I know it's the same price with or without flights.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, M&A said:

I’m sure my TA said adding flight and transfer added 4p. So effectively the same price with or without flights.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

I’m sure my TA said adding flight and transfer added 4p. So effectively the same price with or without flights.

okay, because I was looking at prices for the Jewel out of LImassol on 25 Sept and an inside is $599 an oceanview $739 and balcony $1026

The quotes didn't include air,  I have points saved up and would use them to fly.

But the Harmony out of Rome is advertising  a balcony today for $909.on the 16th of Sept

Not sure which one we will take  

Edited by M&A

On 4/10/2021 at 12:05 AM, relaxlynn said:

I was looking into booking this sailing for Oct 2nd since NCL cancelled my Pearl trip out of Athens and has jumped the price to rebook on their Jade by 40%. The itinerary on RCC leaves a day earlier than my original Pearl trip, so I can call AA and adjust my already booked (non-refundable) flights to Athens to come in a day earlier (giving us 2 days in Athens pre-cruise, and time to island hop over to Cyprus for the cruise). 

AA has direct flights into Athens, but coming home to JFK the direct fight leave too early in the day to be able to catch it. Flying home from Cyprus has a layover in Heathrow, so it's just a guessing game as to how that will be handled. Technically I'm not staying in the UK, just staying in the airport for an hour or so before connecting to another flight home. 

Time to read up on RCC and the Jewel to see if this is a better bet for us to aim for. Compared to what a similar suite would now cost us on NCL, RCC is definitely looking like the way to go with the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

The flight times have been posted many times on the other Jewel Cyprus thread...

direct TUI charter flights for RCI passengers 

Manchester- Larnaca  07.45 land 14.15
Larnaca  - Manchester 15.40 land 18.55

Gatwick - Larnaca 6am land 12.30pm
Larnaca - Gatwick 13.35 land 16.50

Edited by little britain

If they wouldn't allow someone from Belfast to book. I'm not sure why they would allow someone to book from Us. 

I was under the impression these cruises are for Uk residents only. 

They added flights so everyone would be in the same bubble.

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

If they wouldn't allow someone from Belfast to book. I'm not sure why they would allow someone to book from Us. 

I was under the impression these cruises are for Uk residents only. 

They added flights so everyone would be in the same bubble.

I'm booked on the October 2nd sailing, and I'm from the US. 

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

RCI sometimes allows bookings until they realize it was a mistake. That realization sometimes doesn't occur till the customer is on the sailing.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI sometimes allows bookings until they realize it was a mistake. That realization sometimes doesn't occur till the customer is on the sailing.

Very true

5 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Good luck. Keep an eye on the rules on quarantine.

At the moment it's 10 days in a hotel at your cost. Hopefully these will be relaxed by then, but I wouldn't put money on it.

England has a very low number now and laws have been relaxed. It all depends on all the young invincibles who don't care  

• Like 2