Princess visa points = how much in shipboard credits

Knickearth

Here's a screen shot that might give you an idea of points to credits.   It's located under the Rewards and Benefits section of your Princess credit card statement.   

Please note, you can only redeem against
a transaction one time.

Select an amount

REDEMPTION
AMOUNT 

$250.00
$200.00
$150.00

Here's how I got to that info:

Click "Rewards and Benefits" tab

Click "Redeem my Points"

Click "Statement Credits"

Click only once on "Redeem Now" to bring up the points to credits amount.

It is involved, but the best bang for you buck is to have a single charge for more than $4001 at Princess and use it for a statement credit.  This gives you 2X points for Princess and 2% on the $4001 ( or more) for a 4% benefit.  It is a sliding scale depending on how much you charge.

What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?

Redeeming for a statement credit toward a Princess Cruise Lines transaction offers the best redemption value.  The greater the purchase amount, the greater the potential rewards value.

Princess purchase amount ($50 or greater) within last 180 days = Redemption points value
 $50 to $499.99 = 1%
 $500 -$2,000.99 = 1.25%
 $2,001-$4,000.99 = 1.5%
 $4,001+ = 2.0%

Edited by 2 cruises a year

21 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

It is involved, but the best bang for you buck is to have a single charge for more than $4001 at Princess and use it for a statement credit.  This gives you 2X points for Princess and 2% on the $4001 ( or more) for a 4% benefit.  It is a sliding scale depending on how much you charge.

What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?

Redeeming for a statement credit toward a Princess Cruise Lines transaction offers the best redemption value.  The greater the purchase amount, the greater the potential rewards value.

Princess purchase amount ($50 or greater) within last 180 days = Redemption points value
 $50 to $499.99 = 1%
 $500 -$2,000.99 = 1.25%
 $2,001-$4,000.99 = 1.5%
 $4,001+ = 2.0%

I wonder what happens if you use the points for a statement credit & your cruise gets canceled?

Tom🤔

16 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I wonder what happens if you use the points for a statement credit & your cruise gets canceled?

Tom🤔

Your "currents points" goes negative.  Mine right now is more than -20000 from cancelled cruises in March 2020.  They lost the credits I used, because there isn't any way that I am going to try to get back into the black.  If and when cruising starts, I'll be using another credit card.  I don't feel badly, I quit them anyway.  Two times I had to fight them for not correctly crediting me the correct points from my charges.  Their bookkeeping is terrible.  Not worth the trouble.  You can find threads here on Cruise Critic to that issue.

24 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom🤔

You keep the statement credit - they don't try to take it back.

However, they subtract points for every refund posted, and they subtract double points for every Princess refund posted. I have a fairly large negative point balance now. Earned points will apply to that balance, but I won't be able to take another statement credit until I've spent enough to cancel all of the refunds.

If I had cancelled the credit card with the negative point balance, then I could have kept the credits without paying it back. However I decided to keep the card and earn the points back.