Freedom Dining.

Cpt Pugwash

11 minutes ago, KnowTheScore said:

Surprised some here haven't bothered to read the details on the P&O website concerning dining arrangements.  Please take a look:

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/your-holiday-experience

Eating And Drinking

"We all know that delicious food and drink are a core part of your holiday and this will certainly not change. You may be asked to pre-book a table in the restaurants; the buffets and deck grills will now be served by our waiting staff and you will only be permitted to dine with your household or linked travelling group, up to a maximum number allowed by government guidelines at the time of sailing. We are adapting our restaurants and bars to ensure you can enjoy your experience and maintain social distancing in line with the guidance."

Seems very clear to me.  You will be dining only with your partner/family or others in your traveling group.  So sadly no more meeting lots of interesting and diverse people over evening dinner, which I think is an integral part of a cruise for many.  Not all of course. 

But that has been there now for quite some time whilst things are changing all the time, as the govt road map out of lockdown proceeds.  It is therefore very likely that there will be new rules in place once the regular itineraries re-commence, and maybe even before the summer seacation cruises finish.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder if they will have a spiral carousel installed in the dining rooms, they start you off in the centre and you spiral out slowly towards the door, and woe betide you if you have not finished in time.

Maybe it will be the opposite of that Japanese way of dining where the food is on a conveyor belt slowly moving around in front of the diners where they help themselves to what they want, the P&O way will be the diners go round on  a conveyor belt eating as we go. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Wow you sure upset the Mods, 3 posts left in 2021 after the great clear-out 😵

You are correct! A few of my posts have gone as well, that basically said that the CDC had no power outside of US waters.  Still, not for me to argue.

• Like 1