Yacht club on Grandiosa during covid

travellerin1984

Hi!

We have just moved our booking to a Grandiosa cruise in July. We are staying in Yacht club and now we are wondering how many people are allowed to Yacht club during the covid crisis? It might be too early to say but I am a bit curious how they handle the bookings... 

I am wondering about that too.

I have 2 Yacht Cub cruises coming up in November and January. If they have to limit the number of passengers are they going cancel people out of yacht Club?
Book in another non-yacht club cabin? Book a different cruise? Refund money?  And we’re going with 2 other couples and don’t want to be split up!                   
And I don’t want to book airfare until we have a better idea.

Interesting. We haven’t thought about that and we have a November cruise that has at least half the YC balcony cabins still available, but showing no inside YC available. This will be our first MSC cruise but from videos I’ve seen it looks like distancing shouldn’t be an issue in Yacht Club. I’m sure some who have cruised there can provide more insight. 

9 hours ago, lienf said:

Interesting. We haven’t thought about that and we have a November cruise that has at least half the YC balcony cabins still available, but showing no inside YC available. This will be our first MSC cruise but from videos I’ve seen it looks like distancing shouldn’t be an issue in Yacht Club. I’m sure some who have cruised there can provide more insight. 

Based on our experience, across 3 YC cruises, it would not be an issue outwith the dining room as the lounge and open sundeck areas are huge and never busy. The dining room would need to remove a number of tables, to facilitate distancing during the busy evening meal period especially. By doing so, I think they would need to insist on staggered dining giving each cabin a clear window of say 30 minutes....or reduce the number of cabins in use, but dining apart I would really see little need to do that, probably no more than a 25% reduction.

Such dining window would take away some of the experience for us, as we like total flexibility, but given where we are at it would be a minor inconvenience that we'd definitely tolerate.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1