Carnival Credit Card cruise credit.

cmptrwiz

WE recently received our Barclays Carnival Credit card and have used it and now have enough points to get $200 off of a Carnival cruise.  My biggest concern is if I pay for part of our cruise we have booked for January 2022 (final payment due Oct 2 2021) and the cruise is canceled by Carnival or us  will the 2000 point be returned to the credit card for future use or will they disappear?  I thought I read somewhere that it happened to a cruiser and Barclays kept the points?

17 hours ago, kingston13 said:

just take a statement credit. That is what I do with my points

That's a great suggestion, but my concern is I take the statement credit, Carnival cancels, then Carnival refunds the charge to my Carnival credit card and then Barclays revokes my $200 credit and keeps the 20,000 points?

Edited by cmptrwiz

18 hours ago, cmptrwiz said:

That's a great suggestion, but my concern is I take the statement credit, Carnival cancels, then Carnival refunds the charge to my Carnival credit card and then Barclays revokes my $200 credit and keeps the 20,000 points?

Why not just attach that card to your s&s account, pretend like that money is OBC, then use the statement credit when you get home?