Millennium St Martin Cruise now includes Inside and OV cabins

foggyphils

9 minutes ago, cruisin' friends said:

They indicted that pricing would start at $1999 per person.  Starting pricing.  Not that your price would be $1999 per person.  I don't know of any company that says starting pricing and that covers every single date or every cabin.  When they opened, the pricing did not include airfare.  How could it?  It was never $500 per person for every possible gateway.  Cabins started at $1499 per person.  Starting airfare was $500.  Seems to me that totals $1999 per person. 

How is that for substantial backing? 

They advertised airfare was included. When bookings were released it was not included. It’s as simple as that, no matter how you want to spin it. 💁‍♂️💨💋

Here’s a freezer and it’s full of food for $2000, come pick it up. 
Thanks for coming. We lowered the price to $1500 but the freezer is no longer included.

Wow, what a deal but what am I going to do with all this food?

We can sell you a freezer for $830. 😑

2 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

They advertised airfare was included. When bookings were released it was not included. It’s as simple as that, no matter how you want to spin it. 💁‍♂️💨💋

Here’s a freezer and it’s full of food for $2000, come pick it up. 
Thanks for coming. We lowered the price to $1500 but the freezer is no longer included.

Wow, what a deal but what am I going to do with all this food?

We can sell you a freezer for $830. 😑

No spin at all.  It's called simple math.  Prices start at $1999 including airfare.  $1499 + $500 for airfare IS $1999.  I'm sorry that is so difficult to understand. 

With your freezer example if they said they were giving you a freezer full of food for $2000 and instead had a freezer without food and a gift card for $500 to a grocery store, you probably would argue that is deceptive as well.  But if you had the freezer full of food and all the ice cream was melted, you'd complain about that too. 

Some people just aren't happy regardless. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruisin' friends said:

No spin at all.  It's called simple math.  Prices start at $1999 including airfare.  $1499 + $500 for airfare IS $1999.  I'm sorry that is so difficult to understand. 

With your freezer example if they said they were giving you a freezer full of food for $2000 and instead had a freezer without food and a gift card for $500 to a grocery store, you probably would argue that is deceptive as well.  But if you had the freezer full of food and all the ice cream was melted, you'd complain about that too. 

Some people just aren't happy regardless. 

I paid $830 for airfare. You’re really confusing. 

24 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I paid $830 for airfare. You’re really confusing. 

The pricing was advertised as "Starting at".  This means the lowest pricing would be $1999 per person.  Other dates and other gateways can be more.  Mine cost more as well, but the starting prices on my date were the $1999 when you include the lowest priced cabin and lowest priced airfare.  This is what starting at means.  I didn't book a 2C so obviously, my price is more.  I'm not flying from MIA or some of the other $500 gateways, so my price is more. 

30 minutes ago, cruisin' friends said:

The pricing was advertised as "Starting at".  This means the lowest pricing would be $1999 per person.  Other dates and other gateways can be more.  Mine cost more as well, but the starting prices on my date were the $1999 when you include the lowest priced cabin and lowest priced airfare.  This is what starting at means.  I didn't book a 2C so obviously, my price is more.  I'm not flying from MIA or some of the other $500 gateways, so my price is more. 

This still doesn’t address that they said airfare was included and it wasn’t. I’m not sure if you’ve got anything in your bag of tricks that can convince me or anyone else otherwise. 

At this point you’re just rambling so if you need to get the last word in, you can go ahead and do so now.

The March 19 press release stated:  Guests can take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom.

Since the pricing started at $1,499 (special sea pricing) plus $500 (special air pricing), which equals $1,999, I am siding with cruisin' friends.  

• Like 1

We booked as soon as booking opened, 2A for $1699 + there special air - fine but, there special air dropped to $half of what we paid on Flights by Celebrity. Could  not get an adjustment.

Hal