Millennium St Martin Cruise now includes Inside and OV cabins

foggyphils

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Edge has a total of 1,467 cabins. Only 279 of those are inside or ocean view. If it was necessary they could still move all of the insides and OV guests to a balcony cabin and still have plenty of room. 

I responded with the totally wrong ship in mind.

Millennium has 1,079 total cabin. 

456 of those are either inside or ocean view. 

632 have a balcony. 

That does make the situation a bit more problematic if everyone had to move to a balcony if things turned ugly, but I think the 'demand' seen on this board versus the general public are very, very different things. 

5 minutes ago, cruisin' friends said:

On my sailing, there are 784 cabins that are either not released or still available to book.  Possibly 37 more as there are no A1s available to book, which seems odd that they sold out completely.  This means that 74% of the ship is not booked.  We don't have a way to know how many rooms are blocked from booking or actually booked so you can't figure it out that way.

May I ask how people are determining the number of unbooked cabins?  Are you actually going thru a mock booking deck by deck and counting for each stateroom type?

I often see people referring to stateroom availability but I don't know how to check.

Thank you so much (and sorry if this is a silly question).

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

632 have a balcony. 

That does make the situation a bit more problematic if everyone had to move to a balcony if things turned ugly, but I think the 'demand' seen on this board versus the general public are very, very different things. 

I did count them up today (I know, crazy).  After the Revolution, Millennium has 1108 cabins.  471 are inside or oceanview.  That leaves 637 balcony.  I'm willing to take a chance since everyone will be tested twice to get on, adults will all be vaccinated and the other protocols in place. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

May I ask how people are determining the number of unbooked cabins?  Are you actually going thru a mock booking deck by deck and counting for each stateroom type?

I often see people referring to stateroom availability but I don't know how to check.

Thank you so much (and sorry if this is a silly question).

Yes, that's how to do it.  You can only count unbooked and assume how many are booked. 

• Thanks 1

I checked multiple times for the Deck 11 A1 on every sailing from Saint Martin starting  on day 1 and I have never found any available for booking.  

Since they initially said they were only going to sell verandas, and apparently blocked the 37 A1s, but haven’t gotten close to selling 50% of the ship they can sell some OV and inside cabins and in case of needing cabins with verandas they would still have plenty if they need to move people,

While  I was typing this the thought struck me that blocking Deck 11 from booking gives them a secluded area that could ideal for quarantine.  No other passengers in the area, so easier to isolate than using a block of veranda cabins on other decks.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

632 have a balcony. 

The balcony and inside and outside added together come to 1,088. Where do the suites come in?

28 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The balcony and inside and outside added together come to 1,088. Where do the suites come in?

I guess it depends on where the number comes from.  Cruisedecksplans has the total as 1109.   There are a total of 50 suites, which some sources count as balcony.

2 hours ago, cruisin' friends said:

The prices they came out with were $500 less than they originally said to account for the airfare.  No dishonestly here. 

Sounds like the gratuities was an error.  Whenever I book Celebrity with gratuities included, the system adds then subtracts the cost of the gratuities.  It usually takes a day or two.  This too is not dishonest, it was a computer glitch.  Not sure how your credit card was charged as they don't store your card. 

Try again. To say airfare is included and not include it, is dishonest whether they lowered the starting price or not.

Balcony is $2000pp and free airfare for a total of $4000. 
Balcony is $1500pp and no airfare. Airfare with Flights by Celebrity is $830pp for a total of $4,660. 
Thats $660 less in my account. 

You have a tendency to blurt things out with no substantial backing. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

While  I was typing this the thought struck me that blocking Deck 11 from booking gives them a secluded area that could ideal for quarantine.  No other passengers in the area, so easier to isolate than using a block of veranda cabins on other decks.

That's what I thought as well,  the exception is the isolation rooms were supposed to be near medical facilities.

Cruise with confidence would work for the cruise portion, but not the airfare. Booking with “Flights by Celebrity”, ment having to pay fully for the airline flights, because of the short time between the opening of booking and sail date. That means that a two hundred dollar penalty from the airlines (United down, Jet Blue return) per person is in effect unless Celebrity cancels that cruise.

Hal.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's what I thought as well,  the exception is the isolation rooms were supposed to be near medical facilities.

I suppose there could be a difference in the accommodations needed for quarantining potentially exposed passengers vs those who are experiencing symptoms.  We have had 14 friends get the virus, non hospitalized, 4 were quite sick for 6-10 days,  3 others were sick for 24-36 hours and the rest were tired but never felt ill.  

20 hours ago, Seany527 said:

This is my first time sailing with Celebrity and thus far I’ve experienced some rather questionable sales practices. 

When they first announced their St. Martin sailings they advertised airfare would be included in the price. As we know now, it wasn’t included and since booking they have had huge sales with Flights by Celebrity which would have saved me roughly $500pp

Then they advertised gratitudes were included. Because I booked after final payment, I had to pay immediately when I booked. Everything was all set and then a day later I had an additional balance due, which coincided with the gratuities amount. My credit card was charged and it took 3 phone calls and 2 weeks later to have it refunded. 

Meh. 

At least I’ll be on a cruise again soon. 

Sorry ......if this is your first X booking you will  likely enjoy the cruise.

But  if you continue with them, you will  probably experience many IT, website , pricing and marketing practices not to your liking,.  It's part of the  "fun"!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

But  if you continue with them, you will  probably experience many IT, website , pricing and marketing practices not to your liking,.  It's part of the  "fun"!

Have you ever sailed with NCL? The line that charges you for the “included” beverage package under the guise of “gratuities.” 

21 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Supposed to be, but that would be impossible as the cabins on Millennium closest to the Medical facilities are all Oceanviews, no verandahs.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:47 AM, harkinmr said:

You are right.  The CDC won't allow it.  And, IF they are increasing capacity limits for these sailings despite what they have told those who have booked, then perhaps they can't be trusted.  All the more reason for the CDC to retain its control of the process. 

EDIT:  The whole point of removing OV and Insides is for health and safety.  RCG  and CLIA committed last Fall to only using balcony and above.  What has changed in their minds?  For sailing out of the US, the CSO prohibits placing passengers in cabins with no fresh air source.  I know the CSO does not apply to the new island cruises, but that requirement should still apply if Celebrity is committed to their health priorities. 

I'm not sure that's the case (I mean it should be) but the Royal Caribbean Nassau sailings started selling Inside and OV from the opening date. I think they were banking on the Celebrity clients being willing to pay for balcony only, but that ended up not being the case. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, PTC DAWG said:

I tend to agree with your take, and makes me wonder why/how anyone could have an issue with it.  It's almost like some want the restart of cruising to fail.  

Or they just like to complain something

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I'm not sure that's the case (I mean it should be) but the Royal Caribbean Nassau sailings started selling Inside and OV from the opening date. I think they were banking on the Celebrity clients being willing to pay for balcony only, but that ended up not being the case. 

Not sure "what's" the case?

I checked pricing this morning. The price for an ocean view stateroom is a good $1000 more than the price that I had been quoted for a balcony stateroom when these sailings first went up for sale. 

If these sailings aren’t selling well, shouldn’t an ocean view stateroom be cheaper than what I would’ve paid for a balcony a month ago?

Edited by Tapi

On 4/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, Seany527 said:

Try again. To say airfare is included and not include it, is dishonest whether they lowered the starting price or not.

Balcony is $2000pp and free airfare for a total of $4000. 
Balcony is $1500pp and no airfare. Airfare with Flights by Celebrity is $830pp for a total of $4,660. 
Thats $660 less in my account. 

You have a tendency to blurt things out with no substantial backing. 

They indicted that pricing would start at $1999 per person.  Starting pricing.  Not that your price would be $1999 per person.  I don't know of any company that says starting pricing and that covers every single date or every cabin.  When they opened, the pricing did not include airfare.  How could it?  It was never $500 per person for every possible gateway.  Cabins started at $1499 per person.  Starting airfare was $500.  Seems to me that totals $1999 per person. 

How is that for substantial backing?