What are the odds...and will it be feasible to do X and Princess B2B?

ian441672

Crystal ball time I know, but I like to get peoples opinion's please.

I had a B2B booked for the Med this July, booked last year, and had them both automatically transferred across to the new Athens / Greece / Jerusalem ones.

I received the dreaded email yesterday saying I will need to cancel one (no apology, just very matter of fact, no explanation). I went back to say how disappointed...etc., would you pay for cost of amending flights etc., and asked if the B2B situation might change and could I hold off from cancelling, 'just in case'?

Of course, he put a bit of context on the email this time, advising I would need to claim off my insurance for any extra flight costs. He said it might change to allow future B2B's, but he would not be sure as everything is changing with COVID. Even as we are almost 3 months off and a lot might change in that time, he was still insistent I cancel one - which is a shame, as I feel just 1 week is not enough time to enjoy Apex (in a suite) to its full, and all that effort of packing, flying, transferring and getting there in these challenging times just feels like a lot of effort for just 1 week.

If I am forced to cancel the 1st leg (the second is Jerusalem where we have never been), would it be feasible to have the 1st week on a Princess cruise (I think it is looking like there might well be one departing Athens on the same day as my original X on 24th July), and have a week on there, disembark, then immediately (more or less) join the X cruise on my original booking.

Would that be allowed, testing wise as well? We will have had our 2 vaccinations at this stage. Do you think it might be possible that X might change their stance before end of July so I can do my original cruise(s), or would Princess and X work for me to do both and not violate any testing I might have to do?

Thanks all.

I'm doing the same. Arriving Amsterdam and departing Amsterdam the same day and going from Celebrity to Crystal. According the the roll call I am not the only one doing this. Crystal now requires a negative test within 3 days of boarding. If that is still required in May I'm certain that I can have it done at the Medical Center on Celebrity.

In terms of air. I have had several cruises aid flights cancelled and I received a credit for the flight.