Westerdam 2/5-12 mini review and pics

Kabana

Westerdam E. Caribbean 2/5-2/12

link to pics http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=z8afryl.5vavm36h&Uy=tid9fi&Ux=0

This was our 3rd HAL cruise and the best yet! We booked our first S Suite (7054) and were very impressed with quality of service. The staff were all fabulous and service on the Westerdam has improved in general since '05. Food was excellent, even room service (almost every am after our breakfast was delivered we received a call asking if our order was correct and if we needed anything else!). Loved the convenience of the Neptune lounge.

Ports

Skipped Nassau, did the Tortola secrets tour and highly recommend it. Despite clouds and even a little rain we got some excellent pics and video.

Shopped in St. Maarten and were very happy that Capt. Harris switched the port days for Tortola and St. Maarten, only two other ships were in port. Rented the Terra Cotta cabana at HMC, nice and secluded with excellent weather, my husband almost had to drag me away at 2:00 pm :p .

Already planning our next HAL cruise:)

What was the entertainment on the ship? Shows, etc.

Also, do you think the St. Martin/Tortola switch is a permanent one? What time did that make you arrive in each location? (I am trying to plan a rental car....)

What was the entertainment on the ship? Shows, etc.

Also, do you think the St. Martin/Tortola switch is a permanent one? What time did that make you arrive in each location? (I am trying to plan a rental car....)

We only saw a couple of shows, both were good. We were in Tortolla from 8:30 to 6 (I think) and St Maarten 8-4. FYI, I would not recommend renting a car in Tortola the roads are very narrow with many hairpin turns.

Archived