Internet access on Transatlantic cruise

Bouds

I'm thinking of taking a transatlantic cruise with my retired mom (mostly to keep her company.) But I would have to work most days during the cruise. How is internet access out in the middle of the Atlantic? I'd be willing to pay the fee to get the faster connection.

Thanks much, and here's to returning to cruising!

Kate 

Satellite and a little slow and weather impacted but it will keep you in touch with your job. Your days may be long because if the time difference if you are required to be “real time”. People do it all the time but it can be challenging at times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bouds said:

I'm thinking of taking a transatlantic cruise with my retired mom (mostly to keep her company.) But I would have to work most days during the cruise. How is internet access out in the middle of the Atlantic? I'd be willing to pay the fee to get the faster connection.

Thanks much, and here's to returning to cruising!

Kate 

On Oceania, there is no “faster” internet option. You can upgrade the freebie account for a daily fee. But, all that does is remove the streaming block.

As for internet on the ocean, I’m most familiar with the Pacific and, yes, there are occasional “dead spots.”

• Like 1

I work as a sales director and my clients and employer have never had any issues when away at sea.

Internet is slow.  But if flexible on time late evening and early morning the speeds are quite adequate.  My VPN has always worked.  If you do alot of phone calls they can be quite expensive using cellular at sea.   Face time, Skype, zoom, and teams are not reliable.

• Like 1