Platinum Membership Princess cruises

westwindwins

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Only if they are in the same stateroom with you. 

I'm sure that you would also like to get them into the Platinum disembarkation lounge so you can disembark together. And of course the Platinum Vacation Upgrade. 

Do you see where I am going with this? Being friends and travel companions does not get you Platinum benefits. Cabin mates get some benefits, but not many. 

Priority Check-In at Embarkation
When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. You, along with your family or guests that are traveling with you in the same stateroom will be invited to use the Priority Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation

Hi there yes I do get what you mean. We only really wanted to go onboard with them. As they are first time cruisers. Would not expect them to also get the benefits that we do. I think we will see what happens on the day. But thanks for your reply.

14 hours ago, waltd said:

If it's important for you to board together then you can always wait with them till it's time for them to board.   As mentioned above if you arrive later the wait time shouldn't be an issue.  

16 minutes ago, westwindwins said:

Hi there yes I do get what you mean. We only really wanted to go onboard with them. As they are first time cruisers. Would not expect them to also get the benefits that we do. I think we will see what happens on the day. But thanks for your reply.

waltd had the best answer in this whole discussion.  Just wait with your friends and board with them.  Sometimes we all forget that we can step down a level.

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, westwindwins said:

Hi John, Thanks for your reply. Yes we have seen this happen before. When we took Mum with us for her 80th birthday. We were Platinum but she was gold. They did let her come through with us as there was no way she would have known what to do or where to go.

Regards L and G

On the day it is all down to how the ladies who give out the letters handle your party.  When you all arrive they may be checking in "G" card holders and generally giving out "M" cards to everyone They may send the lot of you to the priority check-in desk.  On the other hand they may explain that you may not all go to priority check in.  You politely say "oh dear that's a shame" and they then give you all "J" cards which they have been holding back for people they think should be put through a little sooner than general people sat waiting in the terminal.  This would place you a few hundred people up the queue. This is standard practice. I have been handed the letter following the one being called many times prior to becoming Elite. In the past I put it down to having no hand luggage whatsoever or being on my own.

In the USA there could be more Platinum and Elite passengers that people of lower captain's circle levels and they will really try and be strict.

Regards John

10 hours ago, westwindwins said:

That seems quite harsh to me. You wouldnt want to be seperated from you family would you.

Well, the "kids" were 15, 18, and 21.  Two were technically adults, and could have been responsible for their little sister.  If they had been small children, maybe the response would have been different.  Of course, given the options, we chose to stay with the kids rather than be separated.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, john watson said:

On the day it is all down to how the ladies who give out the letters handle your party.  When you all arrive they may be checking in "G" card holders and generally giving out "M" cards to everyone They may send the lot of you to the priority check-in desk.  On the other hand they may explain that you may not all go to priority check in.  You politely say "oh dear that's a shame" and they then give you all "J" cards which they have been holding back for people they think should be put through a little sooner than general people sat waiting in the terminal.  This would place you a few hundred people up the queue. This is standard practice. I have been handed the letter following the one being called many times prior to becoming Elite. In the past I put it down to having no hand luggage whatsoever or being on my own.

In the USA there could be more Platinum and Elite passengers that people of lower captain's circle levels and they will really try and be strict.

Regards John

Thanks John appreciate your input.

Regards

L and G