Post-Pandemic Buffet - What's Up With Oceanview Cafe?

LWeiler77

On 5/3/2021 at 1:50 AM, LGW59 said:

You are asking the wrong person because I have and will continue to sit at a table for two with a cup of coffee.  You can call it pretentious, I call it getting what I paid for.

Is there actually tables for two in S class Oceanview buffets?
Just asking.

The middle tables are probably tables for two but they have always been pushed together to make a table for four.

Unless you take your coffee outside to the tables by the aft handrail.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

2 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Is there actually tables for two in S class Oceanview buffets?
Just asking.

The middle tables are probably tables for two but they have always been pushed together to make a table for four.

Unless you take your coffee outside to the tables by the aft handrail.

Yes they have tables for 2. On S & M class ships (not sure Edge class ships since my 1st cruise on them with the Apex was cancelled) look along section with the long couch sitting (opposite the oceanview window tables) and you will see tables for 2 if they did push the tables together. 

On 5/2/2021 at 8:40 PM, Seany527 said:

I’ll be going on my first X sailing next month and I’ve been wondering how their ships and the passengers would differ from my previous cruises. Are the Celebrity passengers really pretentious like this?

Not particularly... most cruise line passengers are the same, despite what the corporate branding would have you believe. 

Royal Caribbean is just Carnival passengers who think they're too good for Carnival.

Celebrity is just Carnival passengers who make more money.

NCL is just Carnival passengers who don't like wearing pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Banjo said:

Yes they have tables for 2. On S & M class ships (not sure Edge class ships since my 1st cruise on them with the Apex was cancelled) look along section with the long couch sitting (opposite the oceanview window tables) and you will see tables for 2 if they did push the tables together. 

I don't think I want to be buffeted on any ship of the S & M class ... 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I don't think I want to be buffeted on any ship of the S & M class ... 🙃

I don't want to be buffeted on ANY ship of any class, but I will miss the entertainment

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Not particularly... most cruise line passengers are the same, despite what the corporate branding would have you believe. 

Royal Caribbean is just Carnival passengers who think they're too good for Carnival.

Celebrity is just Carnival passengers who make more money.

NCL is just Carnival passengers who don't like wearing pants.

Keep going! I want more! *laughs*

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I don't want to be buffeted on ANY ship of any class, but I will miss the entertainment

Enough already-- We " got " it-- Some of us supported you--- Sit, enjoy, laugh at " people "-- 

FYI--- You don't need to go on a cruise to do the same thing---- Any buffet works.

And besides, the Moderator removed lot of the posts---

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Enough already-- We " got " it-- Some of us supported you--- Sit, enjoy, laugh at " people "-- 

FYI--- You don't need to go on a cruise to do the same thing---- Any buffet works.

And besides, the Moderator removed lot of the posts---

Duly noted and appreciate the feedback.  Perhaps you should take your own advice re posting on any and every vaccine thread on CC, I am thinking those number of posts FAR exceed anything I have said about the buffet, and at least it is about actually cruising.  

10 hours ago, Lunesse said:

Keep going! I want more! *laughs*

Viking is just Carnival passengers who think they think.

Virgin is just Carnival passengers who abstain.

MSC is just Carnival passengers who crave Italian food morning, noon and night.

Disney is just Carnival passengers who can’t get enough of plastic animals accosting their kids.

Princess is just Carnival passengers who thought about Celebrity but don’t think they are worth it.

Silverseas is just Carnival passengers…..nope, none of them. 

Den

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Duly noted and appreciate the feedback.  Perhaps you should take your own advice re posting on any and every vaccine thread on CC

No worries---

However, I don't think I posted on any vaccine thread ?? 

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Viking is just Carnival passengers who think they think.

Virgin is just Carnival passengers who abstain.

MSC is just Carnival passengers who crave Italian food morning, noon and night.

Disney is just Carnival passengers who can’t get enough of plastic animals accosting their kids.

Princess is just Carnival passengers who thought about Celebrity but don’t think they are worth it.

Silverseas is just Carnival passengers…..nope, none of them. 

Den

Thanks for the giggle. Appreciated!

On 5/2/2021 at 7:58 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

This is about the only positive thing that has resulted from Covid.  I hope these changes are permanent.  

Now if they could just stop people from peeing in the pool......

I say good riddance.  Even with staff serving, it's a pretty chaotic environment.  Not very relaxing.  I tried it on my first X cruise and didn't enjoy it.  I'll try it for lunch but I prefer to eat at a specialty restaurant if I can.  I found it hard to get food that was hot enough and fresh enough.

Edit to say, I didn't find the X buffet terrible.  It was acceptable, just not my first choice.

I tried the buffet on Norwegian and it was pretty busy too.  Food was OK.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

No worries---

However, I don't think I posted on any vaccine thread ?? 

OK, just don't understand why some humor (our own version of I admit) in these threads causes such consternation.  Anyway, I'll not comment on it any longer, I can def wait until I am on board and then enjoy the show.

• Like 2