MSC Virtuosa - Liverpool cruise terminal 2021 - too small for checkin?

peteukmcr

Due to the limited space available in the Liverpool cruise (under normal circumstances probably perfectly adequate) for checking in guests, taking Covid tests and then waiting for the results, there are rumours circulating that MSC will be using an alternative venue such as the Arena for check in. 

Here’s a link to cruise Liverpool facility 

https://www.cruise-liverpool.com/quick-guide/

This would not surprise me as other cruise lines such as RCI who are testing passengers prior to embarkation from departure ports with limited terminal space (e.g. Nassau in the Bahamas which is to be a homeport this summer, they are using the British Colonial Hilton Hotel for check in).

Anyone heard this? Great for us if it is as we’re staying at the Staybridge Suites the night before and it’s a 2 minute walk to the Arena!

Edited by peteukmcr

Hi Pete ... From memory the Arena is a bit of a walk from the actual pier, if they are using the Arena I wonder is they will bus people to the pier because allowing them to walk would defeat the objective of the protected bubble idea.

47 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hi Pete ... From memory the Arena is a bit of a walk from the actual pier, if they are using the Arena I wonder is they will bus people to the pier because allowing them to walk would defeat the objective of the protected bubble idea.

Exactly, but I have seen it confirmed that Disney are using the Arena for check in, so no doubt there will be some sort of secure transfer needed.

• Like 1