CDC-update May 5th

Tjcalley

58 minutes ago, skridge said:

Unfortunately the same crowd that caused the virus to spread more rapidly than it should have because they wouldn't wear a mask and distance because it was taking away their liberty are now keeping us from getting to herd immunity because they think Bill Gates has put a microchip in the vaccine.  At the end of the day it seems the takeaway is we are not dealing with rocket scientists.

First there is no evidence that mask wearing and social distancing have an effect on real world results of reducing transmission of the virus.  Look at the data by state and it's easy to see there's very little difference between militant states and those who didn't lock down (or opened up early).

Second, there's very few people who believe there's a microchip in the vaccine.  That is a VERY fringe group of people.  Most people just aren't comfortable with injecting an unproven, unapproved substance, brand new technology into our bodies.  It's a personal choice.  I know in Ohio, anyone can literally walk into a pharmacy and get a vaccine immediately.  So anyone who wants it can get it, those that don't know the chances they're taking.  Makes no sense to not open everything and remove all restrictions.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Some people confuse availability of vaccine with people being fully vaccinated. It doesn't work like that. Some like screaming freedom. Well, they are free to stay home. That's how it works.

Everyone is free to stay under ground.  Especially, those who are scared to death.

• Like 5

Covid overwhelmingly affects older individuals who most likely had co-morbidities.  In NJ 37% of all Covid cases were in ages 50+ but they made up almost 96% of the deaths.  Broken down even more - aged 65+ made up less than 15% of the cases and almost 80% of the deaths - 80 and older only 4.5% of cases and almost 46% of deaths.   By contrast - people under 30  made up 31.8% of the cases and just .4% of deaths (less than half a percent) and most of those individuals had co-morbidities.  These stats are pretty consistent with the national stats.

We should protect the most vulnerable and get as many vaccinated as possible.  But a year after Covid - We have much more knowledge and data, we have numerous therapeutics and a vaccine.   There is no reason to keep pushing fear.

Reasonable restrictions on a cruise are welcome, but sunning with a mask on and extended dining with a mask on is unreasonable and just is not backed by science.  And if they are permitted to sail with 95/98 vaccinated, there is just absolutely no reason for all of the masking and quite frankly most of the restrictions.  As someone said earlier - it'll be the safest place to be.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ajm said:

These posts have been an interesting read.  One thing that is becoming apparent is that, given the strong exchanges I've been reading, it could be quite entertaining onboard between the two sides of the issue especially once the drinks start flowing.  Grab a seat in the back and wait for the fun.

And that's the most disturbing fact: certain category (civil gendarmery) will inspect others under the microscope to make sure they have plenty matters to complain about.  In pre-shmirus days they were dispersed and ignored, but now they they will make so much noise that the holiday will become nightmare (just imagine you are constantly observed like as if you are trying to illegally cross the border).  Like I previously wrote, I always drink while wandering around the ship starting with the champagne glass in the morning.  I'm preparing to hear - "Stop drinking! Go your cabin!"  Or even better - "Go away from my ship!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamaone said:

We're done with restrictions.

You keep saying "we're" when you really mean "I'm". Suspect similar to many that in your orbit of daily life "we're" seems relevant (probably not much different from what I see daily among some folks). However, not all businesses, state/local/federal ordinances, individuals, etc.. match your orbit of life as saying "we're" infers a level of consistency that flat-out doesn't exist. Listen, I'm fully vaccinated and find it absurd I still have to wear a mask at work and stores but it's not my choice to violate office and private business policy.  So I know that my views on having to mask after vaccination are a "I'm" issue and not a "we're" issue and don't act as though that is the entire orbit of people let alone the entire country as that is making an assumption that is false. Many people on here would be surprised if they moved out of their orbit for a day as they'd be surprised to see less "everybody thinks just like me" moments.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skridge said:

It wasn't anything against liberty when we were asking people to wear masks.  Just trying to slow the spread of a virus that killed over half a million Americans.  I will be happy to stand up to anyone who thinks wearing a mask and social distancing was somehow asking to much of them.  

An old Russian Jew (I'm the one; so, don't worry about political correctness or racism) is crossing the state border: "Stop! Who is walking?!" - (in a typical Jewish accent) "NO ONE already walks NOEVER".

Edited by kirtihk

2 hours ago, skridge said:

Unfortunately the same crowd that caused the virus to spread more rapidly than it should have because they wouldn't wear a mask and distance because it was taking away their liberty are now keeping us from getting to herd immunity because they think Bill Gates has put a microchip in the vaccine.  At the end of the day it seems the takeaway is we are not dealing with rocket scientists.

In a controlled media/entertainment  arena we see every day 100 pound women beating the living daylights out of 200 pound men who are former special forces as the bad guys. There are plenty of people who believe that. We can go on and on and on with all of the propaganda.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

You keep saying "we're" when you really mean "I'm". Suspect similar to many that in your orbit of daily life "we're" seems relevant (probably not much different from what I see daily among some folks). However, not all businesses, state/local/federal ordinances, individuals, etc.. match your orbit of life as saying "we're" infers a level of consistency that flat-out doesn't exist. Listen, I'm fully vaccinated and find it absurd I still have to wear a mask at work and stores but it's not my choice to violate office and private business policy.  So I know that my views on having to mask after vaccination are a "I'm" issue and not a "we're" issue and don't act as though that is the entire orbit of people let alone the entire country as that is making an assumption that is false. Many people on here would be surprised if they moved out of their orbit for a day as they'd be surprised to see less "everybody thinks just like me" moments.

What are you even typing? You want to mask up after being vaccinated, go ahead. Nobody has a problem with that. Just get over your problem with those that do not. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bamaone said:

What are you even typing? You want to mask up after being vaccinated, go ahead. Nobody has a problem with that. Just get over your problem with those that do not. 

Still in key west. There is no social distancing and very few wearing a mask. Having a great time. There is more to life than a restrictive cruise. I had the shot and not going to wear a mask.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I am going to boycott the companies that boycott the boycott and if they serve alcohol to those 18 years old I am going to double boycott and if my kids can't cruise then I am going to boycott.

viva liberte

LOL!

1 hour ago, embarkation75 said:

Yep - good reasoning and yes, it goes both ways as you point out. We're all, to some degree, products of our environment.

Tom

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

In a controlled media/entertainment  arena we see every day 100 pound women beating the living daylights out of 200 pound men who are former special forces as the bad guys. There are plenty of people who believe that. We can go on and on and on with all of the propaganda.

Good god man! Get some streaming/cable and turn off the Jerry Springer reruns. 😁

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bamaone said:

What? Did you actually read what I posted as that's not what I said? I'd prefer to NOT mask-up now that I'm vaccinated BUT I'm also not some egomaniac that thinks I can violate my office or business policies just because I don't like it. If you choose not to wear a mask on your property or in businesses that don't have a policy, then I support that as I largely don't wear one either in those places since being vaccinated. However, you are actually proving my point that you are speaking in "I'm" instead of "we're". Sadly too many people think it's their constitutional right to violate a business policy just because they don't like the rule. No, people should go elsewhere if they don't like the policy instead of acting like entitled brats that can do whatever, wherever they desire. It's all about freedom supposedly until a businesses freedom to make a policy irritates people, then the 2 year old tantrums begin.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, embarkation75 said:

What? Did you actually read what I posted as that's not what I said? I'd prefer to NOT mask-up now that I'm vaccinated BUT I'm also not some egomaniac that thinks I can violate my office or business policies just because I don't like it. If you choose not to wear a mask on your property or in businesses that don't have a policy, then I support that as I largely don't wear one either in those places since being vaccinated. However, you are actually proving my point that you are speaking in "I'm" instead of "we're". Sadly too many people think it's their constitutional right to violate a business policy just because they don't like the rule. No, people should go elsewhere if they don't like the policy instead of acting like entitled brats that can do whatever, wherever they desire. It's all about freedom supposedly until a businesses freedom to make a policy irritates people, then the 2 year old tantrums begin.

If people don't take a stand against what even you yourself said is absurd, they may as well enjoy living in  the corral just as sheep do. 

11 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

I agree in general.  I just have a question: what's a difference between what might occur in relation to this topic in 2 hotels (supermarkets, or whatever else except hospitals and alike) located next to each other with yes rule in one of them and no rule in the other one?  You (feeling healthy but have something in your nose) are entering each of them and...

8 minutes ago, bamaone said:

If people don't take a stand against what even you yourself said is absurd, they may as well enjoy living in  the corral just as sheep do. 

Ummm, there is a time and place for questioning or debating a policy but when somebody just skips straight to forcing past that law/policy, then most see them as entitled brats. Any momentum they might have had to get the policy changed is lost by their selfish attitude. Specifically, so what you're proposing is to just brute force past a policy but what about the people that only entered a business with the understanding of say mask wearing as a requirement as apparently you don't care about giving them a chance to go elsewhere if the policy is changed? It is blatant selfish behavior as it's all about "me" and apparently screw anything that gets in "my" road but flip the script and now it's all about hauling them to jail. Whatever bud.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, embarkation75 said:

Ummm, there is a time and place for questioning or debating a policy but when somebody just skips straight to forcing past that law/policy, then most see them as entitled brats. Any momentum they might have had to get the policy changed is lost by their selfish attitude. Specifically, so what you're proposing is to just brute force past a policy but what about the people that only entered a business with the understanding of say mask wearing as a requirement as apparently you don't care about giving them a chance to go elsewhere if the policy is changed? It is blatant selfish behavior as it's all about "me" and apparently screw anything that gets in "my" road but flip the script and now it's all about hauling them to jail. Whatever bud.

Whatever. You'll thank the ones who took a stand one day

There are a lot of ppl that believe that these vaccines aren't really vaccines, but are designed for nefarious purposes. They have only been approved for emergency purposes only, so they are not really fully approved by the FDA, which would have taken many years.

While reading the latest CSO update from the CDC, it seems to me, that these dimwits don't believe the vaccines are real either. LOL!

They haven't done their homework obviously, because in the last year, there have been several Theraputics that have come on the market, and have been tested at least as much as the vaccines have been tested, and have been found to be very effective in treating patients that have been infected with Covid19.

The mitigation policies developed so far should be factoring in the use of these Theraputics, which would make a big difference in their protocols.

So, for those of you who pretend the CDC knows what they're doing, and are making good mandates to the cruises, that's your business. BUT, don't expect the rest of us to pretend along with you.

• Like 1