My TA canceled my booking but it still shows up in "my Celebrity"

voyager1964

An interesting situation: I had a refundable-deposit booking on Apex in September and decided to accept the recent itinerary change (from 12-nights to 7-nights). However, given the lack of the promised update on my booking (no new invoice and no new flights as of early May, although these were promised by April), I asked my TA to cancel my reservation. He did, but advised that the refund would take 60+ days. But, my booking still appears as fully functional in "my Celebrity" and my stateroom has NOT been released. The TA says it would remain so until the Revenue department has a chance to proceed with my refund, which would take the same 60+days.

I just called Celebrity but they won't tell me the booking status, suggesting to call my TA for all information.

Did anybody have the same problem with cancellation?

Thanks!

I’ve a similar situation. I cancelled our September Apex sailing with our Celebrity Personal Cruise Concierge, but it is still showing as ‘fully functional’ too. According to Celebrity, there is still some ‘admin’ that needs to be done before it can be fully cancelled. I’ve received the FCC for the cancelled cruise but no cancellation invoice! He assures me it’s all ‘in hand’, it’s just taking longer than normal to process. Anyone else have this situation?

• Like 1

I had an October 2021 Canada N/E cruise that was canceled by RCI months ago...it still shows up on my cruise planner and I get monthly emails to purchase items for this cruise. No worries just ignore it. It will eventually go away when their IT department does their job of clearing these.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

An interesting situation: I had a refundable-deposit booking on Apex in September and decided to accept the recent itinerary change (from 12-nights to 7-nights). However, given the lack of the promised update on my booking (no new invoice and no new flights as of early May, although these were promised by April), I asked my TA to cancel my reservation. He did, but advised that the refund would take 60+ days. But, my booking still appears as fully functional in "my Celebrity" and my stateroom has NOT been released. The TA says it would remain so until the Revenue department has a chance to proceed with my refund, which would take the same 60+days.

I just called Celebrity but they won't tell me the booking status, suggesting to call my TA for all information.

Did anybody have the same problem with cancellation?

Thanks!

Yes I have.  Had a fall 2021 TA that I cancelled and moved the deposit to a 2022 cruise.  The deposit moved fine, no problem.  The cruise still shows in my planner, though Celebrity moved it to a 7 day Greek Isle cruise, which I have no intention of doing, but it is still there, showing full balance due.  Funny thing, the cruise that I cancelled was for 12 days, the "new" cruise Celebrity moved me to is 7 days and price is still the same.  Not doing it, so I am not worried, but just saying...

14 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Thanks for the replies.

@SDWCruise, @LGW59 - did you notice whether your former cabins were released back to inventory? 

The suite that I booked and canceled does not show as available on the 8/28/21 sailing 

I’ve now received a cancellation invoice … now just got to sort out the FCC’s! What fun! Can’t wait to get back to good old days when you booked, paid and went on a cruise! How easy those days were …