Fascination or Inspiration?

Cards5440

Which would you choose? I've been on 3 Carnival cruises in the past and am looking to book a 4th with my girlfriends (who have never been on a cruise)

The options are the 4 day Fascination to Key West and Cozumel or the 5 day Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I've been to Coz and Cayman not Key West, but my friends have not visited any of these places- What are your suggestions for first timers...what would be the "must see" Key West or Grand Cayman?

Any opinions or suggestions are welcome.

I would go with the Inspiration to Cozumel & Grand Cayman. I've been to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Key West. Cozumel & Grand Cayman are more exotic than Key West. Both are also more fun (in my opinion). My do not miss for Grand Cayman is Stingray City. I don't know of a must see in Key West.

• 1 month later...

If you were looking at a choice between the Fascination 4-day to Key West and Cozumel or the Inspiration 4 day to Cozumel, and Fascination was ~$80 per person cheaper in the same category, would you save the money and do the Fascination (and get the extra port, Key West) or pay the extra $80 pp for Inspiration and the extra sea day?

I'll be on the Inspiration in a few weeks. When we booked, we were going to Cozumel. Last month the travel agent informed us that Carnival decided to replace Cozumel with Playa del Carmen for our cruise. Itinerary changes happen all the time, and I don't know what prompted ours. But since you are specifically talking about the Inspiration, I thought I'd chime in with my anecdote.

Key West is pretty but I enjoy Grand Cayman, I love seeing the stingrays there. I think there is more to do on Grand Cayman.

You mean these stingrays?

StingrayCity1.jpg

Or these stingrays?

StingrayCity4.jpg

Or perhaps these stingrays?

StingrayCity3.jpg

I'll be on the Inspiration in a few weeks. When we booked, we were going to Cozumel. Last month the travel agent informed us that Carnival decided to replace Cozumel with Playa del Carmen for our cruise. Itinerary changes happen all the time, and I don't know what prompted ours. But since you are specifically talking about the Inspiration, I thought I'd chime in with my anecdote.

Cozumel was pretty ravaged in hurricane Wilma last year (I think thats the hurricane) and the pier that Carnival usually docks at was more or less destroyed. Many other things on the island were recked as well, including chankanaab. So, Cozumel is probably still not really up to having too many ships coming in yet, and Playa del Carmen I suppose is.

~Katy

cobra, I sail on 5/13. I figured it was hurricane damage causing Carnival to switch us from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, but if so I'm somewhat perplexed as to why some of their ships/ sailings are still going there. Maybe it's just that on particular days, there are too many ships (from various fleets) scheduled to try and tender into Cozumel? The change wasn't a big deal to me, but my BIL had to scramble because the whole point of this cruise is that he and his fiance were to be married on the beach in Cozumel. But they've worked it out.

cobra, I sail on 5/13. I figured it was hurricane damage causing Carnival to switch us from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen, but if so I'm somewhat perplexed as to why some of their ships/ sailings are still going there. Maybe it's just that on particular days, there are too many ships (from various fleets) scheduled to try and tender into Cozumel? The change wasn't a big deal to me, but my BIL had to scramble because the whole point of this cruise is that he and his fiance were to be married on the beach in Cozumel. But they've worked it out.

The cruise line can change ports because the wind is blowing the wrong way. Taking a cruise and making expensive plans to be at any particular port on any one given day is playing with fate. Though too late to cancel now, I would suggest anyone looking to get married at any particular port fly there, don't cruise there.

We took our first cruise last year on the inspiration and loved it so much we are cruising in 12 days and the again in january 2007. We had so much fun, it was great. the service is excellent but i'm sure it is also on the facination

Archived