Current cost of wifi?

CheapieD

Before posting I tried googling and the information is mostly out of date. Same with CC wifi section and the sticky in this forum. I was trying to find out the cost of the wifi (and the drink package but I was able to find that info on my own)  The only way on the MSC website is to have an existing cruise booked.  I just wanted to see if the All-in for the drinks (looks to be easy package which would be $35-$39 pp per day) and unlimited wifi for 2 is worth paying $160 pp (looks to be around $13-15 per day with the package and is the browse cruise package)  I was leaning towards not getting it when I booked and paying per drink and pre-buying the wifi but if my actual cost of the wifi is much higher I might just get the package. 

Edited by CheapieD

This may help give you a rough idea.  For my UK sailing next week, it’s like this:

1 Device Browse - £7.16 a day per device

2 Device Browse - £5.76 a day per device

1 Device Browse and Stream - £10.79 a day per device

2 Device Browse and Stream - £9.36 a day per device

There are also 3 and 4 device packages that slightly reduce the daily cost per device further.

Internet prices vary by ship.  All-In gets one Browse - 2 Device package.  Here's from a seven day Seashore in US:

b.thumb.jpg.bbced0a7d56f2218bb56df2ac172b965.jpg

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

I'm trying to think of a situation when anyone would need more than one device per stateroom.  It's so expensive to maintain at-sea connectivity it would seem like a monumental waste of money to pay for anything but access to one device that anyone in the stateroom could use to access emails, text, browse, whatever.

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

I'm trying to think of a situation when anyone would need more than one device per stateroom.  It's so expensive to maintain at-sea connectivity it would seem like a monumental waste of money to pay for anything but access to one device that anyone in the stateroom could use to access emails, text, browse, whatever.

Phone for portable access around the ship, tablet or laptop for a bigger screen if you need it maybe?

The two devices don't have to belong to the same person.  So actually two different people can use their own device using the one account.  Both devices can be used at the same time.  The two device package cost has gone up significantly now that it's unlimited, so sure, if everyone has satisfactory access to the one device that is the most cost effective plan.

Thanks everyone. The prices shown are helpful in making my decision. And as far as two devices it is what is offered in pre booking cruise bundle. On other lines my spouse and myself just share access but the offer was for 2 devices.  One last question which I think the answer is no but does the 5% diamond discount and Healthcare worker discount apply to the bundle if I book it at cruise time. Right now when i choose my cabin I can pick "escape to sea" or "all in" (which is the wifi/drink bundle).  I would assume that it wouldn't apply but the Healthcare discount says it CAN be combined with other offers. 

Voyagers Club, Voyages Selection and Healthcare Worker discounts apply towards all booking rates. So yes, they will give you the same percent off the Cruise Only rate as the All-In rate.  These discounts will not apply to packages you add on after booking.