Grandiosa v Virtuosa

welshy74

Sailed on the beautiful Grandiosa when it launched on 2019 which, unknown to me, would be my last cruise for quite some time.  Now excitedly booked on the Virtousa sailing from Southampton to Glasgow 24th July. 
does anyone know what differences there will be, if any, between the ships.  I know they are the same class but are there any enhancements?  Appreciate no one has sailed her yet but wondering it anyone has inside info. 

36 minutes ago, welshy74 said:

Sailed on the beautiful Grandiosa when it launched on 2019 which, unknown to me, would be my last cruise for quite some time.  Now excitedly booked on the Virtousa sailing from Southampton to Glasgow 24th July. 
does anyone know what differences there will be, if any, between the ships.  I know they are the same class but are there any enhancements?  Appreciate no one has sailed her yet but wondering it anyone has inside info. 

Cannot answer your question but glad you experienced the Grandiosa. We were booked on her in 2020 and it was cancelled. Hope to cruise on her "some day!" BTW did you meet Captain Marco Massa? We sailed with him a few times out of Miami before he was moved to the Grandiosa. A great Captain!

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

Cannot answer your question but glad you experienced the Grandiosa. We were booked on her in 2020 and it was cancelled. Hope to cruise on her "some day!" BTW did you meet Captain Marco Massa? We sailed with him a few times out of Miami before he was moved to the Grandiosa. A great Captain!

It’s a stunning ship so hope you do sail her. 
I did meet the captain, cannot recall his name though but if he was the first to captain the Grandiosa then it’s him. 

1 hour ago, rattla said:

It has the Starship club, with the robotic bartender, and the Indochine restaurant is new for sure.

I got excited about the robot bartender when I sailed Ovation of the Seas.. novelty wore off very quickly though lol 

18 minutes ago, welshy74 said:

I got excited about the robot bartender when I sailed Ovation of the Seas.. novelty wore off very quickly though lol 

The one on the Anthem kept missing the glass. It was very amusing to watch (as long as it wasn’t you who had ordered and paid for the drink!) 😁

• Like 1