Long Beach Parking Options

llarsen

Hello,

We will (hopefully) be sailing out of Long Beach  5 nights on the Miracle Nov 4th, 2021.

We live in CA and have never sailed out of Long Beach before. 

From what I understand, the Carnival cruise terminal Lot can be a nightmare, slots cannot be reserved and it is expensive.

I am wondering if there are any good parking garages for Long Beach Airport that we can keep our car and Uber or car service to cruise terminal?

Or if anyone has any other Long Beach Parking suggestions or tips? (I do not want to stay in hotel w parking pre-cruise, as there are 5 of us)

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hello,

We will (hopefully) be sailing out of Long Beach  5 nights on the Miracle Nov 4th, 2021.

From what I understand, the Carnival cruise terminal Lot can be a nightmare, slots cannot be reserved and it is expensive.

I am wondering if there are any good parking garages for Long Beach Airport that we can keep our car and Uber or car service to cruise terminal?

Or if anyone has any other Long Beach Parking suggestions or tips? (I do not want to stay in hotel w parking pre-cruise, as there are 5 of us)

Thank you!

You would get the most responses by posting on the west coast departures board on Cruise Critic.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare, it can be a bit crowded when trying to enter (maybe 15- 20 min at worst) but it's actually very convenient and easy once past that. It's not worth avoiding for me but If you come in a day earlier, the park and cruise that some of the hotels offer is a great deal IMO, especially when you factor in parking fees the port charges.   

Thank you for the replies.

I looked into Hotel Current and they are not offering the Snooze and Cruise package (probably due to Covid and shuttle rules) and it looks like a good deal. Maybe they will offer it again soon.

Thanks for the opinion on the Carnival lot, I read others saying "never again" when I was searching parking lots near Long Beach cruise terminal. Some said it was closed and they were given a paper with other lot directions but at 11:30am it was suddenly open and available? I couldn't figure out if they just arrived too early the first time or what?

And yes I will also post this in departures. Oh, it looks like it is there...thanks!

Thank you for the replies!

Edited by llarsen

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2021 at 11:03 AM, llarsen said:

Hello,

Thank you!

Part of the parking problem there was related to the Queen Mary which shares the garage/lot.  The Queen Mary is currently closed and I doubt will be open by the time you cruise, it needs lots of work!

The parking "woes" have increased since the addition of the Panorama. Previously it was just two smaller class Fantasy ships and parking was never a problem.

Granted those two ships are gone but now the larger Miracle will be there in addition to the Pano.

If the lot is full, the attendants will direct you to an offsite parking lot in downtown LB and there a shuttle will bring you back and forth.

But yeah, good question about the parking expansion. It was supposed to happen years ago.

I know you said you didn't want a hotel, but the Residence Inn right by the Cruise Terminal has rooms where all 5 could stay in one room. If you came in early enough the day before DTLB has some nice attractions, including the Aquarium of the Pacific. I'd check the costs vs parking. I know Murrieta isn't that far, but I'd be more relaxed driving in the day before rather than worrying about road conditions, getting to parking the day of and then getting to the ship.

If the Queen Mary stays closed for an extended time, that might open up more parking.

Failing that, here is a decent overview.