September 3rd 2021 Silver Spirit-Going Ashore.

We are very interested in this cruise - Silver Spirit 12 night round trip from Southampton around the British Isles. 
We are UK residents and fully vaccinated.

Your “Healthy Return to Sailing” document states “verified shore excursions only.” I assume this means Silversea excursions. Are you going to offer included shore excursions, or allow local residents ashore independently?

I am afraid that this would be a deal breaker for us as we would not be prepared to pay to go ashore in our own country!

Many thanks.

Dear RichT1
Thank you very much for your question. I am delighted to hear that you are interested in our British Isles voyage on board Silver Spirit. It's quite a lovely itinerary! Hopefully, by September we may not need verified shore excursions, but we will of course abide by the regulations outlined by the UK authorities. If indeed we need to offer verified shore excursions on this future voyage, they will be included in the fare. 

Barbara

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my question. Good answer too!
We are looking forward to sailing with Silversea again, and this is the perfect comeback cruise for us as we can simply drive to the port.

Looks like you’ve sold two more suites for this one!

Regards

Rich

15 hours ago, Barbara Muckermann said:

Dear RichT1
Thank you very much for your question. I am delighted to hear that you are interested in our British Isles voyage on board Silver Spirit. It's quite a lovely itinerary! Hopefully, by September we may not need verified shore excursions, but we will of course abide by the regulations outlined by the UK authorities. If indeed we need to offer verified shore excursions on this future voyage, they will be included in the fare. 

Barbara

Well that's a dilemma. I'm on this cruise but will absolutely not sail if it's verified excursions only because a big reason for me taking this itinerary is to visit friends and revisit old haunts. Cost of excursions is not relevant for me because I'm not interested in trailing around in a crowd.

It's the 'may not' that is the problem.

I had so hoped that things would be getting back to normal by then, but I guess I have no option but to watch it closely up till Aug 3rd, then cancel for FCC if I cannot be assured of being able to go ashore independently. What a nuisance. Makes booking flights tricky too.

• Like 2