Flights through Princess

sandancer

I mentioned this above. Before you book check your flight times (no you don't want an overnight from Houston to Ft Lauderdale) to save $5 and you don't want a flight time of 10 hours. But it just takes checking which flight works best for you. Don't just take the top of the list.

Some time ago DW was having swelling issues on her ankles.  Through EZAir, we booked an overnight stop in Chicago before tackling the transatlantic to Venice.  Worked out well for us.  New feature in EZAir:  You can book Departure and Return different classes.

If we miss our cruise embarkation due to a flight delay, on a flight booked through EZ Air, will Princess make arrangement for us to join the cruise at the next port?

We have used Princess Air a few times and been happy with it. I always compare prices and if it is close then I use it. I like that we can pick the flights, days and times but still have the added security of doing it through them.

I have had great experiences with Princess EZAir.  I keep on eye on the prices, and change to the lower priced flights when possible.  I do pay attention for the routing, and avoid the long connections as mentioned above.  I think it makes sense especially when flying overseas.  Booking through Princess you get that extra layer of protection that you won't have booking directly with the airlines.  All pluses here with my past Princess EZAir experiences. 

We were very satisfied with EZ-Air through Princess December 2019 (BOI-SFO).  we were going a few days early and had weather delays.  We stood standby for later flights and ultimately spent the night and was able to fly out the next day on a different airline (I had to insist, though)  I was able to negotiate my own flight changes and Princess stayed in the loop.  It was a GREAT deal too.  The only downside is that the airline won't give you the "free luggage" perk even though they can see you paid for it on their credit card.  Technically, it was paid for by a "3rd party".  I would do it again.  For our trip in January 2022, I booked our own flights using miles & companion fare.  Also, I would add that Airlines will be eager (and customers anxious) to get people traveling again. I suspect that pricing is going to escalate so I would book flights as soon as possible... I don't think this is the year that airfare prices will drop...  😉

1 hour ago, MishelleMcc said:

...  The only downside is that the airline won't give you the "free luggage" perk even though they can see you paid for it on their credit card.  Technically, it was paid for by a "3rd party". 

This might depend on the airline. Using Princess Air with Delta, I have always had my free luggage (due to the AMEX card) honored.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I do pay attention for the routing, and avoid the long connections as mentioned above. 

It is just as important to watch out for too short connections.

A legal connection per the airline might be 50 minutes, but I would not book that. Especially if flying internationally, I would want a two hour window. Flying domestically, one hour might be sufficient.

For example, I would never book a connection through Atlanta with less than an hour.

I would also avoid a one hour legal connection time in Chicago in the middle of winter.

On 5/15/2021 at 6:31 AM, sandancer said:

We have never used cruise line flights in the past but we are thinking of booking a one way flight following a Transatlantic cruise. Fare is very good. Any drawbacks that anyone can advise on.? Thanks

We use EzAir on all of our flights to Europe or back.  The cost is usually much less that going on-line and purchasing through either the airline or someone like Orbitz.  As mentioned above, you don't get the whole list of flights either to or from, but at least one of the most common that meets up with your travel plans.

Also, it's easy to match up with any transfers and/or hotels that are offered through Princess.

17 hours ago, caribill said:

It is just as important to watch out for too short connections.

A legal connection per the airline might be 50 minutes, but I would not book that. Especially if flying internationally, I would want a two hour window. Flying domestically, one hour might be sufficient.

For example, I would never book a connection through Atlanta with less than an hour.

I would also avoid a one hour legal connection time in Chicago in the middle of winter.

all good points. I watch for those, and avoid them, too.