Volendam LP Deck Cabins

Hey gang. 

I'm thinking about trying this ship later in the year, and my cabin choices are Main Deck, and LP Deck. 

I know about the obstructed views and so on, but I'm curious about the glare from the deck lights that are left on all night. 

Anyone stay in those cabins experience anything intrusive with the lights? 

Thanks for your input.

While we haven't been on the Volendam, we have stayed on the LP on other Dam ships and have not had an issue with the light from outside.  We have kept our curtains closed (I always bring a clothes pin to secure the two parts together), and didn't find any intrusive light at night. 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

32 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I'm thinking about trying this ship later in the year, and my cabin choices are Main Deck, and LP Deck. 

Be aware that the outside cabins on LP Deck are not as large as those on the Main Deck.  

Be aware that (with my experience on the Amsterdam having had a Main Deck cabin), footsteps can often be heard on the LP Deck above those outside Main Deck cabins.

My preferred location is on Dolphin Deck between the forward and mid-ship elevator/stairwell foyer.  

We've had rooms on the Main deck and the LP.  In the room on the Main deck, aft of the aft elevators, we had little traffic and no noise from above. We did hear some morning noises from above on the LP deck. We were near the midship elevators starboard. I think the noise would be greater between the midship and aft elevators because the galley is above it.

We were not bothered by light from outside on the LP.  The cabins on the LP are not as long as the ones on the Main deck. Basically, instead of having 2 sets of 3 drawers in the dresser, you have one set, and the space between the bed and sofa was less. We didn't mind the smaller cabin or even the occasional noise from above because we could walk out of room onto the biggest "balcony" on the ship. We wouldn't hesitate to book a cabin on that deck again. 

• Like 1

We have booked HH cabins on the LP a number of times close to the rear elevator  area on a number of similar HAL ships.  I think there is 1 cabin right by the door (never book right next to the exit doors...constant door slamming🙁.)  The cabin is under the front of the MDR but we were never bothered by noise from above.  Do not book the central section under the galley due to early excessive noise.

Lights on the LP outside deck were never a problem, the HH is an excellent value and steps away from the LP deck.

• Like 1