Next cruise planner sale?

Does anyone know when the next good cruise planner sale will be? I'm looking for Freedom Jan '22, Serenade July '22, and Oasis Feb '23.

I'm quite unimpressed by the prices I see in the newly available cruise planner for Coco Cay on our Oasis Feb 2023 cruise, especially the adding of taxes to the cabanas. It makes a crazy high price for the cabana even higher! I'd hold out for a cabana if I thought I could still get one later. I'm also concerned that the new interface won't let me see the current prices if I've already booked it, which will make it impossible to book then cancel and rebook for a better price in the future.

We booked a Beach Club beach cabana for our Freedom cruise for $999, no taxes added. The same cabana for Oasis is $1499 + 179.88 tax for total of $1678.88. The floating cabanas are $1899 + 227.88 for a grand total of $2126.88! These prices are crazy, especially for 4 people. We booked a 2 bedroom grand suite for this cruise, for 2 couples, and I was hoping to extend the splurge feeling of the cruise for us with the floating cabana, but not for that much money lol! 

I'm also thinking that even if there is a good cruise planner sale coming up, it's unlikely to change the cabana prices, is it? In all the time I've been watching cruise planner prices, seems like it's rare for cabana prices to go down.

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

Does anyone know when the next good cruise planner sale will be? I'm looking for Freedom Jan '22, Serenade July '22, and Oasis Feb '23.

I'm also concerned that the new interface won't let me see the current prices if I've already booked it, which will make it impossible to book then cancel and rebook for a better price in the future.

Yes, you can. When in your cruise planner and it says you've already booked this, just click on the picture and it will show you the current price. Easy!

For example, I purchased the Deluxe drink package on sale for our September cruise a few months ago for $50 per person per day and now I noticed it's $67. Personally, since your cruise is pretty far off and if prices are outrageous, I would wait for a sale; however, if you want to lock it in now, buy it, then cancel and repurchase if it goes on sale. 

Good luck, happy cruising and cheers!

1 minute ago, SilkySal said:

Yes, you can. When in your cruise planner and it says you've already booked this, just click on the picture and it will show you the current price. Easy!

For example, I purchased the Deluxe drink package on sale for our September cruise a few months ago for $50 per person per day and now I noticed it's $67. Personally, since your cruise is pretty far off and if prices are outrageous, I would wait for a sale; however, if you want to lock it in now, buy it, then cancel and repurchase if it goes on sale. 

Good luck, happy cruising and cheers!

Thanks! That's always worked for me before with the old interface... I've heard on the new interface that you might not be able to see current prices, only what you booked it for. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true? Is your September cruise planner the old one or the new one? Our January and July '22 cruises are the old interface, the Feb '23 planner just became available and it's the new version. 

I sometimes find good deals on Black Friday.  We usually sail in December, so this cuts it close. But, I have cancelled and rebooked with better prices during this sale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Thanks! That's always worked for me before with the old interface... I've heard on the new interface that you might not be able to see current prices, only what you booked it for. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was true? Is your September cruise planner the old one or the new one? Our January and July '22 cruises are the old interface, the Feb '23 planner just became available and it's the new version. 

Our cruises this year has the old interface. I did go to our cruises next year to look at the new version but the only thing I've booked so far is the Chops lunch, which had a "reserved" label on it, displaying the price I paid, which is still the current price, so I am not sure what will happen if the price changes. Sorry. Wish I could be more helpful.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Our cruises this year has the old interface. I did go to our cruises next year to look at the new version but the only thing I've booked so far is the Chops lunch, which had a "reserved" label on it, displaying the price I paid, which is still the current price, so I am not sure what will happen if the price changes. Sorry. Wish I could be more helpful.

Thanks for checking. I appreciate it!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KimA75 said:

I sometimes find good deals on Black Friday.  We usually sail in December, so this cuts it close. But, I have cancelled and rebooked with better prices during this sale.

I will definitely look for Black Friday deals

• Like 2

I have the new interface for my May 2022 Oasis cruise.  You can definitely see current pricing for items that you've purchased.  One thing I've noticed, and maybe it's because I was recently switched over to the new interface, I am not able to cancel some items in my cruise planner and need to call in.  Hopefully this will change.  And I also cannot modify MTD reservations.

1 minute ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

I have the new interface for my May 2022 Oasis cruise.  You can definitely see current pricing for items that you've purchased.  One thing I've noticed, and maybe it's because I was recently switched over to the new interface, I am not able to cancel some items in my cruise planner and need to call in.  Hopefully this will change.  And I also cannot modify MTD reservations.

Hmmm... that is odd about the MTD reservations and not being able to cancel items. But good to hear about seeing current prices, thank you for that info! I would rather book the cabana at a crazy price and hope to rebook at a better price later, than miss out on being able to get one.

I will definitely look for Black Friday deals

Last "Black Friday" was on November 30th.  So maybe every six months. May 30th????

Edited by leyla
  • Like 1

The new User Interface shows the current cost and if you have previously purchased that item, it will show you the total price that you paid for this item.  What it does NOT show you is the per person/per day cost that you originally paid.  So if you paid $50 PP/PD for your DBP and with taxes the total came out to $413, it will show only the $413 and not show that the PP/PD cost was $50.  So it makes it a little difficult to compare current price (which is displayed in a PP/PD format) to the price that you may have paid at some earlier time.  With a little calculating or with good records you should be able to figure it out but they don't make it easy.

This is particularly true for dining packages as the new UI will now charge you gratuities where the old system did not.  My advice to anyone wishing to purchase a dining package is to do it before your sailing switches over to the new UI so that you aren't charged gratuities on your dining package.  They have recently switched Oasis over to the new UI (for 22 and beyond) so they are slowly adding new ships to the new UI and eventually (presumably) all of the ships will begin charging gratuities on pre-purchased dining packages.  I think the ships that have the new UI for 2022 and beyond are Symphony, Mariner and now, Oasis.  I'm sure others are coming soon.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The new User Interface shows the current cost and if you have previously purchased that item, it will show you the total price that you paid for this item.  What it does NOT show you is the per person/per day cost that you originally paid.  So if you paid $50 PP/PD for your DBP and with taxes the total came out to $413, it will show only the $413 and not show that the PP/PD cost was $50.  So it makes it a little difficult to compare current price (which is displayed in a PP/PD format) to the price that you may have paid at some earlier time.  With a little calculating or with good records you should be able to figure it out but they don't make it easy.

This is particularly true for dining packages as the new UI will now charge you gratuities where the old system did not.  My advice to anyone wishing to purchase a dining package is to do it before your sailing switches over to the new UI so that you aren't charged gratuities on your dining package.  They have recently switched Oasis over to the new UI (for 22 and beyond) so they are slowly adding new ships to the new UI and eventually (presumably) all of the ships will begin charging gratuities on pre-purchased dining packages.  I think the ships that have the new UI for 2022 and beyond are Symphony, Mariner and now, Oasis.  I'm sure others are coming soon.

That's good info, thanks for sharing! Thankfully I'm good at keeping records of exactly what I paid for this cruise planner stuff, specifically for repricing. I will make sure to have the pp/pd details now.

I'm hoping that a good price for beverage plans and dining plans show up for our Serenade '22 cruise before they switch it over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Odyssey is new interface as well 😞 With $84 p/p/p/n deluxe beverage package  YIKES!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I think you might be getting sidetracked by the gratuities being separated. The two sailings I now have that uses the new user interface have no real price differences in dining packages. The old user interface showed a total which in the new user interface is basically the same total after the separate line item of gratuities is added. In other words, the price shown is now lower to account for the gratuities no longer being part of the package price.

image.png.39929d3b9e2bcb7c4ebe9cf1accb9ce3.png

image.thumb.png.f007564ae785046ba5e7c5f65e553e7d.png

This is the Oasis of the Seas, 5/29/2022.

Here are captured PDF's of the Cruise Planner items from before and after the changeover:

www.2150.com/files/cc/Oasis_2022.05.29/Cruise_Planner_2021.05.06.11.00.pdf
www.2150.com/files/cc/Oasis_2022.05.29/Cruise_Planner_2021.05.12.21.00.pdf

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2