NCL Cancels 2 TA - Big PRICE Increase ON GETAWAY!

Gen X Life

3 hours ago, Gen X Life said:

Yes Mr Thornton , I think you misunderstood ( not surprised) I was just stating I    was worried this would happen and am very disappointed. 

Your response to the many people having their cruises canceled is to be SNARKY.  How kind of you!!  What a Stand up Guy you are!  I am sure you get invited to lots of parties! 

It is people like you that give Cruise Critic a bad name.

I am sure you think yourself very clever, I am also sure no one else does.

I think he's clever.  Does Cruise Critic really have a "bad name?"

Edited by CaptainWoody

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

In moving down each lane of foods, I counted three folks coughing or sneezing.  No mask.  I simply went down another lane.  

On a cruise ship, that folks have to be Vaccinated, Where social distancing is a policy and masking when close to someone is also a policy; I will be safer then in my local grocery.  That seems to be the facts right now.  We will see if these cruise ships going out soon will be a huge issue.  

It's already a free for all, and by this fall I expect the same on cruise ships.  My grocery store still has a "masks required" sign, but the employees are allowed to skip masks if they've been vaccinated.  I got a hair cut yesterday and the sign said "masks required" but the staff said it was up to me.  Then went to the post office and the sign said "masks recommended" but every single person inside was wearing a mask.  

58 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Who do you blame in all the other countries, i.e., almost all of them, that also put cruising on hold? 

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been curtailed, but I think it's way past time to let them try and get going again.  Yes, for that I blame the CDC.  Haven't they been cruising in a limited capacity in the Med for a while?  

47 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Couldn't you have just taken the refund?  (i.e. pulled your chips off the table)

Could have, choose not too.  Not sorry, however with decisions come consequences.  

Just rechecked prices on Getaway - They DROPPED back down!!!  Oh no, now I am in a quandary  - Should I book and take the chance?  I do not want to do this again....

All this turmoil today, I guess we will discuss tonight... Are they scaring us to book?  This is mental torture.

1 hour ago, Gen X Life said:

Just rechecked prices on Getaway - They DROPPED back down!!!  Oh no, now I am in a quandary  - Should I book and take the chance?  I do not want to do this again....

All this turmoil today, I guess we will discuss tonight... Are they scaring us to book?  This is mental torture.

I love the getaway. I love the shows, the waterslides, and the specialty restaurants. We stayed in the haven again so we had such a good time. I would book it, enjoy it, and not look back. Not even once. Life is too short, and we all deserve to have a little joy

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I love the getaway. I love the shows, the waterslides, and the specialty restaurants. We stayed in the haven again so we had such a good time. I would book it, enjoy it, and not look back. Not even once. Life is too short, and we all deserve to have a little joy

Does NCL ever have Memorial Day Sale??  Is Haven included? I heard that Royal starts one tomorrow? 

**  even after the terrible way NCL handled the cancelations  - this is close to the itinerary; I really wanted to try a Trans Atlantic and after the past year and a half with zero time off.. I need a Vacation.

Thank you for the advice and encouragement!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

You will not be the first person to use this strategy. I would go a step farther and book refundable hotel too just in case no cruises are sailing yet. The airlines are no longer being super flexible with cancellations, so being prepared for a land vacation as worst cases might be smart. I think we are in for a very long rough start in the industry. 

That is great advice. I'm doing a big land vacation this year just so I know I will have a vacation no matter what. I also have a cruise booked just in case cruising is a go. If it is then that will be the gravy because I'm going lol.

• Like 2

I just bought a 2021 Class A RV and will vacation with that until the cruise lines are back to normal. We will all weather the storm!

Edited by derek005

44 minutes ago, derek005 said:

I just bought a 2021 Class A RV and will vacation with that until the cruise lines are back to normal. We will all weather the storm!

Class A, very nice.  Diesel or gas?  I sold my RV last year and I miss it very muchI sold my RV last year and I miss it very much

12 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Class A, very nice.  Diesel or gas?  I sold my RV last year and I miss it very muchI sold my RV last year and I miss it very much

Class A gas. Very first RV, but looks like we will be upgrading to a diesel in 2-3 years.

18 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

Who do you blame in all the other countries, i.e., almost all of them, that also put cruising on hold? 

The EU Commission.. for their Arrogance and Stupidity; for not having the forethought to put in purchase orders and money into any and all Vaccine Research/Manufacturers.. THEY WAITED...  and just thinking they could seize and bully their way to the front of the line of a viable at the detriment of other countries.. ie: Britain, Canada and Australia...etc.  Did not work out very well!!

Worse was:... When they did not want to be blamed for their mistake of lack of Vaccine ; THEY started the mis-information fear tactics that the vaccines that other countries were getting were more dangerous than the COVID19; as thousands in Italy were dying. Flaming ignorance. fear and death.

All of Europe is paying the price due to initial  LACK of Vaccines.

We have family connections in 3 countries and we personally paid that price!