No masks or social distancing on cruises!!

Shakatime

On 5/30/2021 at 2:20 PM, LadyMac72 said:

All I know is that when our state eliminated its mask mandate (and I took mine off because I'm vaccinated), I ended up at urgent care for a shot of zofran because I had viral gastroenteritis.  Spread through my whole (maskless) office.  So covid may not be the only thing masks have protected us from.

GI ailments are not caused by airborne pathogens!  Nothing to do with your mask (or lack thereof).

Edited by jayisgerman

16 minutes ago, jayisgerman said:

GI ailments are not caused by airborne pathogens!  Nothing to do with your mask (or lack thereof).

Projectile vomit is quite airborne and can splat on you. Same with coughing and sneezing. Any barrier helps and also helps keep you from touching your face.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Projectile vomit is quite airborne and can splat on you. Same with coughing and sneezing. Any barrier helps and also helps keep you from touching your face.

First: OP never mentioned her entire office projectile vomited on each other or that they all coughed and sneezed on each other.  Second: GI pathogens are not transmitted through coughing or sneezing.  GI is contact transmission - in essence, people not washing their hands and then leaving the pathogens on fomites or directly on other vectors.  Or someone having direct contact with a contaminated bodily specimen of an infected vector.  As for your examples: Those would not be airborne either.  Such would be considered "droplet" contamination.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jayisgerman said:

First: OP never mentioned her entire office projectile vomited on each other or that they all coughed and sneezed on each other.  Second: GI pathogens are not transmitted through coughing or sneezing.  GI is contact transmission - in essence, people not washing their hands and then leaving the pathogens on fomites or directly on other vectors.  Or someone having direct contact with a contaminated bodily specimen of an infected vector.  As for your examples: Those would not be airborne either.  Such would be considered "droplet" contamination.

"Droplets" are "Airborne" even if not technically correct.

Okay, maybe not in saliva. I won't be as concerned the next time I see someone in line on Lido lick their fingers and then pick up serving utensils, however they could still have pathogens on their hands that they deposit on said utensils and then the next person could pick up.

I'm not concerned about an office setting; I am concerned about cruising.

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

"Droplets" are "Airborne" even if not technically correct.

The medical difference between droplet and airborne is absolutely relevant, and understanding the difference between the two is the cornerstone of preventing the spread of pathogens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

The medical difference between droplet and airborne is absolutely relevant, and understanding the difference between the two is the cornerstone of preventing the spread of pathogens.

Oh please. I'm not talking about medical differences. Projectile vomit flies through the air with the greatest of ease. No, not literally.