Mardi Gras Summer Cruises

CruiseAF

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

I don’t know. Am I wrong in assuming that the MG still has finishing touches they needed to finish upon arrival to PC?

They will have fuel and supplies needed at the port when she arrives but she’s had many months sitting in Barcelona to get any finishing touches done.  Right now she is still scheduled to sail 7/31 and it appears that Carnival is doing their best to meet that schedule.

• Like 4

I think any summer cruises on MG are pretty much booked up with all the folks who have had to keep moving their cruise dates due to previous cancellations.  Could be that they limited capacity and will have some availability (and expect that to go fast if that is the case - at a steep price).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

I think any summer cruises on MG are pretty much booked up with all the folks who have had to keep moving their cruise dates due to previous cancellations.  Could be that they limited capacity and will have some availability (and expect that to go fast if that is the case - at a steep price).

I agree.  I think that once MG is ready to sail, Carnival will prefer a much reduced capacity to make sure all goes well.  They have sent a couple of emails out letting people know they can cancel with no penalty.  Once MG completes its test cruise, we will know a lot more.  Since Carnival is using their own employees, it should go well. 

If the crew isn't vaccinated yet, they will have to take care of that first and then wait three weeks for dose 2.  Then I would guess another two to three weeks before the test cruise.  It's possible that some August cruises will sail, but that seems to be cutting it close.

Edited by TNcruising02

28 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If the crew isn't vaccinated yet, they will have to take care of that first and then wait three weeks for dose 2.  Then I would guess another two to three weeks before the test cruise.  It's possible that some August cruises will sail, but that seems to be cutting it close.

Could cut that by 3 weeks if they use the J&J vaccine, although previous crew vaccinations that I know of (I don't claim to have full knowledge) have gone the 2 dose route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balcony bound said:

Could cut that by 3 weeks if they use the J&J vaccine, although previous crew vaccinations that I know of (I don't claim to have full knowledge) have gone the 2 dose route.

Are they even using J&J in the US?  If they are vaccinating them at one of the US ports, I think it may have to be Pfizer or Moderna. 

9 hours ago, tree.critter said:

They will have fuel and supplies needed at the port when she arrives but she’s had many months sitting in Barcelona to get any finishing touches done.  Right now she is still scheduled to sail 7/31 and it appears that Carnival is doing their best to meet that schedule.

Where do you see 7/31? First I see is November 

4 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

Where do you see 7/31? First I see is November 

November is the earliest bookable month on the website, but the earliest (thus far not cancelled) sailing is 7/31.

Tom

11 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

November is the earliest bookable month on the website, but the earliest (thus far not cancelled) sailing is 7/31.

Tom

I see, so there is a good chance these come back ?

53 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Even my December cruise is supposedly sold out, not listed and according to my PVP sold out.

a friend went to look for the Christmas MG cruise and it is sold out . 

so I tried to book interior or ocean view- sold out. 

Edited by stellarose

11 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I agree.  I think that once MG is ready to sail, Carnival will prefer a much reduced capacity to make sure all goes well.  They have sent a couple of emails out letting people know they can cancel with no penalty.  Once MG completes its test cruise, we will know a lot more.  Since Carnival is using their own employees, it should go well. 

2 hours ago, Shakatime said:

Cruises on mg are full up to the date you still see them for sale online. I’m on 8/07 sailing. You snooze you lose!

No they are not sold out, please stop spreading false rumors. July-October sailing were removed all at once from the carnival website. 

not one new build ship sold out an entire inaugural season. 

5 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

I'm not going to challenge that statement, but somebody might.  Either way, the normal balance of supply and demand for cruises is out the window so history is not the same factor it normally would be.  I think MG will sell out even with elevated prices.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I'm not going to challenge that statement, but somebody might.  Either way, the normal balance of supply and demand for cruises is out the window so history is not the same factor it normally would be.  I think MG will sell out even with elevated prices.

18 weeks of cruises don’t just disappear overnight (literally) and you would still see an occasional cabin pop up here and there as people cancel and move forward. 

11 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

18 weeks of cruises don’t just disappear overnight (literally) and you would still see an occasional cabin pop up here and there as people cancel and move forward. 

They do open up occasionally.  I booked on MG for Sept 4th a few weeks ago.  This was after all the posts about no sailings till November.

I think they open up when people cancel.  We received two emails letting people know they could cancel without a penalty.  I think a lot of people cancelled and rebooked for next year.  I also think the summer cruises, and possibly the fall cruises, will all sail at reduced capacity.

30 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

October 16 sailing is showing right now and has been for the past few days. October 23 has popped up once or twice. And my sail date has an active and large roll call. Just last week someone cancelled and asked on the roll call if anyone knew someone wanting to book. That cabin was swapped within hours. 

With ships supposedly sailing at reduced capacity, it is possible that many sail dates have no cabins left other than here and there. This ship has had about 7 inaugurals and long overdue for its debut. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

No they are not sold out, please stop spreading false rumors. July-October sailing were removed all at once from the carnival website. 

Yes they are sold out...a lot of people that had previous cruises booked and canceled, booked  again, hence why I chose august when June was canceled. And October was bookable  until a few days ago. Whereas august was sold out a while ago.

• Like 2